cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Lollipop has been out for a few days now, why does it take so long to trickle down?

Journeyman

So Lollipop has been out for a few days now, why does it take so long to trickle down?

I believe it's been out for 3 days. Sprint is also last among all major carriers to release Lollipop for the G2. Why is it taking so long for the update to be pushed? I still am showing no updates available.

If it comes out in waves, how is the order decided?

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: So Lollipop has been out for a few days now, why does it take so long to trickle down?

It is sent out in waves but sent to random units. In other words it is not regional. The first day is usually 5% and I believe 100% roll out by May18th.

They do that so the sample group is slowly increased and bugs or issues can be monitored. If serious issues are noticed, the roll out can be stopped and a limited number of phones are damaged.

Journeyman

Re: So Lollipop has been out for a few days now, why does it take so long to trickle down?

corbu I am curious about where you heard about the completion of the roll out on May 18. I am still waiting for my OTA Lollipop update as I write this.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat