cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So very, very mad RE Lollipop update

Journeyman

So very, very mad RE Lollipop update

Since the most recent Lollipop update, my phone has been TOTALLY on the fritz. I've done a factory reset, etc., but about 1/8 of the phone's display now won't work, and it has spastic fits where apps open and close randomly on their own. I've also removed all screen protectors and cases to see if they were negatively impacting the phone, but no change. None of these were issues prior to the update. I'm just so furious--when updates cause your phone to break,  it hardly seems fair that we can't reset our phones to out-of-the-box settings. And because the phone is outside of the manufacturer's warranty, there's not a darn thing I can do about it.

Out of curiosity, are any of you having similar issues with your phone? Just curious if it's an epidemic...

3 REPLIES 3

Re: So very, very mad RE Lollipop update

It's not uncommon for what you're having to happen. I've been with Sprint for years, and have had this kind of thing happen since the HTC Hero with it's upgrade to Gingerbread from Eclair. Then the Design 4G (Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich), then EVO 4G LTE (LTEVO), which I decided not to update to Jelly Bean. It already had more than enough problems running ICS, which it came with, so I decided not to even bother. This time, I've decided to wait until at least the first one or two updates for Lollipop have been released. There are always initial bugs and problems when a new Android version is released, and then it's a waiting game for Google to release updates to fix bugs, and for us at Sprint to actually get them. I've had upgrades basically brick devices before, so I'll just wait. As for you, I'm sorry you are getting these problems, I know it would tick me off royally. The problems I'm having just since the upgrade notification showed on my G2 (still haven't installed it) already tick me off. As far as I know, unfortunately, there's no way to downgrade firmware without rooting your device. And we all know how that gets frowned on by the manufacturers and carriers and insurance companies. Good news is that they've already made updates, bad news is that it may never get here. There are rumors of them skipping that update altogether for the G2 and G3, and going straight to Android M, which is another version, some time later this year. That's just rumor stuff, though.

Journeyman

Your not the only one, from poor battery life, Gps, Data, you name it and I've experienced it all. I'm extremely frustrated since this is my work phone and I have to fight the urge to throw it out of my work truck because my phone dies on the charger.. Even as I speak now it's dropped 2% and it's on the charger. Every little trick has failed to remedy this except rooting which I'll doing soon if I don't get the update to fix this or even change companies, my patience running thin since I rely heavily on my phone for work. I've resorted to using a stand alone gps unit to navigate but I'm sol when it comes to email and the other aspects I've come to count on. Hopefully this issue gets fixed soon..

Journeyman

Our LG3's and Aircard  were working fine upto about 2 weeks ago and now we are having issues with signal/no signal. Aircard not connecting and when it does it will last for a bit then drop signal  texting sometimes takes up to 5 minutes to send if at all and forget about receiving text.  Can take upto an hour to receive.  The updates happen automatically and we cant turn the auto update off.   This problem started sometimes after a forced update

Call sprint and they said they did a tower update about 2 weeks ago........but they say part of the problem is the fact that the nearest tower is 5 miles away.  Funny how everything was working fine up to 2 weeks ago.     So yes, same problems as your service and Sprint only makes excuses..........they are sending me a new aircard but I think it will have same problems.     When I called Sprint last night with the issues and they said they would send new card, this morning our phones had No Service..................   Regretting leaving Verizon  because Sprint cant or wont fix problem

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat