cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Updates? (I know, again...)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Software Updates? (I know, again...)

I read this afternoon that Sprint has release an update enabling Wi-fi calling on the LG G Glex.  I've also seen postings around the net mentioning wi-fi calling on other Sprint devices and an update that activates Knock Code on other LG phones.  Sprint, when will those of us with the G2 get wifi calling (since it's supposedly able to be activated on tri-band phones) and knock code?

Don't get me started on an update to 4.4.4...

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Software Updates? (I know, again...)

+1000000000000000 on this. I'd love to know more. I hope that an update to resolve the inability to switch between 4G and 3G will also be resolved.

Master

SNIEZG01,

Thanks for reaching out. This is a known issue with the Tri-Band devices.There is an issue with the devices being able to toggle between LTE and 3G. We are currently working on a fix for this issue. In the meantime please try to toggle airplane mode on and off. This will force the phone to find a fresh connection. You may also want to change your devices network mode to CDMA only when in a non LTE area. This should help to stabilize your connection to the network while we work on a resolution.

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care

Man...the Flex is getting WiFi calling? Man...I was hoping we would be getting that and Knock Code. Sigh...

And let's not even think about Android L! I'm willing to bet that we don't get it at all because the LG G3 will be out.

Journeyman

I guess I'll answer my own question....

There is a forthcoming software update for the G2, but it looks like it'll contain Knock Code rather than the wi-fi calling patch. (at least its something.)

BTW SprintCare reps, I know you see a different version of these posts than what makes it out to the public, but it doesn't make you guys look good when you ignore the OP's question and respond to the next one.  It makes a fella feel left out...

Master

Fivein4ths,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We don't have the information of what the updates will include. To keep updated with the software, please visit sprint.com/newsroom or Lg.com/us/support.

Brenda
Sprint Social Care

This place is crazy...

Wizard

It's way too early to figure out which phones will be getting L.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat