cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador - LG G2 - My First Impressions

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG G2 is LG's latest flagship on the Sprint Network. And guess what? It also SPARK capable? What is that? I will explain later:

First, its a beautiful design! Sleek Black body with almost no screen bezel on the side. You could pass this off as an Edge to Edge display. You may have heard mixed reviews about the button placements, especially from folks who have used it a day or so and made their decision that it may not work for them. I can tell you, after using it for a week or so, I think this is the perfect spot for your volume and power button. Dont get me wrong, it takes a while to get used to, but its worth the effort and then it comes naturally. More on that later.

20131112_095122_resized.jpg

Second, the Screen is big Big BIG! a whopping 5.2" of Bright 1080p Goodness. The color are sharp, the text is clear. The pics below may not do the screen justice (blame it on the camera i am using, i wont say which one )

20131112_095110_resized.jpg

Third, fairly new tech in the mobile game, and OIS or Optical Image Stabilizeed Camera. IT allows the phone to take better pictures when your hands are shaky or when you are moving too much.

Forth, Sprint Spark capable. What is that you ask? It is Sprint's new Tri-Band LTE capability allowing very high download speeds using Clearwire's 2.5Ghz spectrum, alongside current 1.9Ghz LTE and Nextel's 800Mhz spectrum. However currently this capability is not enabled at launch but a software update will enable it in the coming weeks.

Finally (At least on this blog) the smart cover. The cover has a small window that can show a fancy clock widget, call/sms notifications. BUT this screen is also customizable! You have a choice of 3 analog and several digital clock versions. You can also swip right/left to get a weather widget similar to the home screen widget. You can answer calls without lifting the cover. The only downside, it may not provide a high level of protection compared to Otterbox, and the like

20131112_095045_resized.jpg

Hope this is a good start, I will be providing more details in my next blogs on some of the features. Thanks and enjoy!

-Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles

1 Comment