cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: LG G2 Rear Key Functions

Journeyman

When I first saw the rear keys, I will admit I was skeptical. It’s a unique design change for a company that hasn’t produced a big named device in a long time. Conventional design always places the buttons around the edge of the device. LG however, stepped outside of the box in order to give us an ultra-thin, wonderfully shaped, and almost edge-to-edge displayed device by placing the volume up/down and power keys on the back of the device.

G2+Rear+Key+Design.jpgphoto source: USA Today

But the innovation didn’t stop there. They made the keys multifunctional so you can actually use these well placed buttons to get to certain apps faster! From the lock screen, I can hold my “volume down” key to launch the camera without unlocking the device. Holding the “volume up” key from the lock screen and it will launch quick memo, which means you always have a note pad at your fingertips. These actions work even witht he screen turned off! The buttons can also be used within the camera app for shutter or zoom functionality!

LG has clearly put a lot of thought and innovation into this device, and the rear placed keys are a perfect complement to this great device.  I wasn’t sure I would like the button placement change in the beginning, but I have to say, I'm really enjoying the design and functions!

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles