cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchscreen going haywire

Highlighted

Touchscreen going haywire

Recently the touchscreen on my phone has been going crazy. If I try to do anything the notification bar pulls itself down and it's nearly impossible to do press a button. The only time the phone works semi-well is when it's connected to a charger. I've changed the battery because I thought that was the issue but it's still acting up. I've taken it to a Sprint rep but the only suggestion they gave was that it was time to get a new one. I have a few months left until I can upgrade so I'm trying to hold out but I am frustrated beyond belief. I hope to get this problem fixed so that I can have a functioning phone for a few more months but I know for a fact that I'll never purchase another LG phone ever again.

Any help at this point will be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Touchscreen going haywire

you took it to a regular Sprint store or an actual repair facility with a tech?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I live in a rural area so the only option in my area was a Sprint store. Their 'tech' fiddled with it for a few hours and when I went to pick it up it worked for all of five minutes before it started acting up again. I took it back a few days later and their solution to fixing it was to factory reset it, which didn't work at all. The third time I took it back they didn't even bother trying to fix it and just told me that I needed a new one. I'm all for getting a new one, but I'm not eligible for an upgrade yet and I won't be for a few more months. I just want a functional phone for a few more months.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

by chance do you have a older phone? the one you had before getting this one? you can swap back to that one until your contact is ended and you can get another device.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I do, I don't know how to switch it though. Would I have to take it back to the store?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yeah they can do it there. i believe you can do it through the site here as well but i have never attempted it. you can try calling in as well but you'll need to be on a different phone so they can walk you through all the steps. just remind them that all your doing is swapping out the phone on that line for a different phone you already have. not adding another line.

Highlighted

Ok, I'll try that. Thank you

Highlighted
GrandMaster

*tips hat*

no worries.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat