cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchtest app

Journeyman

Touchtest app

I was in the app store and saw a notification to update Touchapp to v. 1.0.  Does anyone know what this is?  I don't think i have a prior version loaded on my phone.  Can someone also tell me how to remove the update notification from an app that i don't want to update?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Touchtest app

I also see this app on my HTC One. I have no idea what it is. It looks very suspicious.

Wizard

No clue what it is, but it's showing up on people's GS5 too. Some people in the comments on Google Play say it's the Sprint Touch app, but I would like to know more about it.

Journeyman

I've got the same app now on my HTC M8 and I KNOW that I did not download it.

Very suspicious.

Is there a way to remove it totally? I tried uninstalling and it's still stuck in 'Updates'.

Master

mlbogo2,

To confirm the update when in the app store I would suggest going to the update tab, it will be the last one on the right (when looking at the screen). Or click on purchased to see if the app is in your download history. I don't see anything as of yet to turn the update notification off, but I am looking. What I have found is that through settings, then cliking notfication center you can make certain changs here. The only other thing I can advise you of is turning off the background app refresh which is under General in Settings.

Yours Kindly,
*Jessica
Sprint Social Care Team
Wizard

How about answering the main question on what this app is?

Master

Katt50,

Touchtest is an application used for testing a device's touch screen. A user can draw a path on the screen, and the coordinates of the touch point are showed on the screen.

Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Why isn't this explanation in the app, which has disappeared from Google Play this morning. This is very strange. Can we have an explanation on what's going on?

Master

Katt50 Thank you for the reply. This app is not created by Sprint. This is an app via the Google Play store. You can search for the app on a PC to gather more information on this app and the developers of this app. *David Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Don't you think it's interesting that I never downloaded this app in the first place? Apparently not. Can you please provide the links that you say can show more about the app?

Master

Katt50, I apologize for the confusion.  I did some research and came up with the following: TouchTest is actually an app that works with Sprint Touch, our software for running NFC on most phones that have this functionality.  It normally runs in the background and you should realistically never even know it's there.  That's why it's not available in the Play Store and why you never chose to download it, no nefarious intent, it was simply part of your phone's package at the start.  Why it's behaving the way it is now is under investigation but the developer is working to correct it ASAP.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

Thanks for your work in finding out about this! Looks like you want to do your job, unlike some SprintCare reps.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat