cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send MMS using Google Hangouts when connected to Airave 2.5

Journeyman

Unable to send MMS using Google Hangouts when connected to Airave 2.5

Since receiving the latest version of Google Hangouts (w/ MMS/SMS integration), I am unable to send MMS messages. SMS is fine, but MMS fails or times out every time, when I'm connected to my Airave (full signal!).

Is anyone else having this problem? I have done the full factory reset of the Airave to force it to pull down updated firmware. I've restarted my phone. The stock LG SMS client seems to work just fine, but I'd rather use Hangouts.

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: Unable to send MMS using Google Hangouts when connected to Airave 2.5

MMS is completely borked with Hangouts. Nothing you can do to fix it. It is a Google issue.

Journeyman

You are incorrect sir. Sprint is broken, and they need to fix apns or something. Hangouts mms works perfect along with location and group sms, on my girls att phone, and a buddies Verizon phone. It's sprint. I flashed an aosp rom 2days ago, a not htc sense version of Android, and everything works in hangouts on android 4.3.1. My EVO lte that hasn't been updated IN A YEAR, needs an update. Thus getting a radio update that'll probably have new apns and eliminate this issue.

Journeyman

It isn't a Sprint problem. Go check these Google Groups threads (http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/hangouts/kzg-hqiDANc%5B1-25-false%5D and http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/hangouts/7bQEg3augPU%5B1-25-true%5D). It appears that Hangouts is ignoring the provider APNs. Lot's of people on different providers are having the issue.

Journeyman

Oh really? Interesting. Gonna go read up on that now! Wonder why is so intermittent, and worked on an aosp rom....

Journeyman

Ah man, that's exactly what I've been looking for and have thus far over looked some how! Thanks a bunch. You're still not off the hook for everything else sprint! Haha #SoftBankMoneyFTW

Master

Download the Hangouts update released today. Supposedly addresses the MMS issue.

http://www.androidcentral.com/hangouts-update-hopes-fix-mms-issues

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I got the updated Hangouts and MMS is still not working. Lost another couple of MMS messages. Extremely annoying.

Master

Are they not available to the original messaging app?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Yes and no. Yesterday afternoon I turned of SMS/MMS after my wife sent an MMS that wouldn't download in Hangouts. About three hours later the message arrived in the native messaging app. This is the first and only time I have received an MMS message after turning off the Hangouts functionality.

Master

metatr0n,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delayed response. Were you able to get this all sorted out? It does appear on the surface that it would be an issue on Google's end as the problems started after that update. Please let me know. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

BrevardNole,

Thank you for reaching out and for providing feedback in regards to this matter. Are you still encountering this issue? Please let us know.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat