cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice issues, people can't hear me. Anyone else?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Voice issues, people can't hear me. Anyone else?

Starting yesterday nobody can hear me on inbound or outbound calls. They say I sound like I am in a hole and can barely hear me. I hear them fine. Issue does not happen when connected to Bluetooth in car. Issue is same when using speaker function or not.

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Voice issues, people can't hear me. Anyone else?

First I will say there could be hundreds of variables on a phone, installed apps, root or unrooted, settings, etc. For me my situation started 3 days ago, nobody could hear me. Everyone said my voice was so faint and I sounded like I was in a hole. That was using the speaker or non-speaker. For one day it worked fine in my car connected to Bluetooth but even that stopped. Nobody could hear me. I did some research and cleared cache, took the case off and blew air in the mic, to no avail. I then found thought I would try to use my voice recorder app to see if it was a mic issue. I could not record, I got an error message,

Cannot start voice recording while other application is using audio

But I did not any another app using audio so I found this page:

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/93495/stock-voice-recorder-cameravideo-recording-and-alar...

I followed these steps and all is fine. I sure did open Ok Google to work form all windows in the last release.

Problems due to OK Google enable in all screen. To fix this, find the Google folder in apps, tap on Google settings, tap on Voice, then "Ok Google" Detection, uncheck the option From any screen, and make sure to check From Google Search app, if you still want to use Ok Google from Google app screen. Problems will be solved....

The problem is there are so many apps that use and interact with the mic and that can impact voice calls. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Master

opguy,

That's not good. What type of phone do you have? Have you tried turning the phone off and on? Have you tried going into a Sprint Repair Center to have a diagnostic test done on your phone?

- Ronald
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have not taken it to a Sprint retail store yet. I have cleared the cache, performed a soft reset, restarted the phone, etc. Was working fine until yesterday. But it works fine when connected to the bluetooth in the car. It sounds like a mic issue in the phone. I wonder if this is an LG software issue or lollipop related?

Highlighted
Master

opguy - The fastest way to get your issue resolved is to visit a repair store where one of our expert repair technicians have the tools and equipment to see exactly what you are experiencing. You can click this link http://bit.ly/1dDKYKx to find a store near you. - Latonya
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The issue was On Google, I activated that to work from any screen, I turned off and issue resolved

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the exact same problem, and it has become profoundly worse in the last week.  I called in last night and spoke to a really nice guy in OKC, and he had me change from LTE/CDMA to just CDMA.  Unfortunately the problem occurred on the next phone call. 

Since then, I have cut of the "Voice enhancements" under "call settings" in the dialer, and I'm hoping that will solve it. 

Sprint folks, the problem all started about the time when HD voice was rolled out in my area.  In fact, HD Voice used to work like a charm.  Now, it only shows that it's attempting.  My wife and I both have HD Voice capable phones, and it certainly doesn't sound like VOIP any more.

Highlighted
Journeyman

First I will say there could be hundreds of variables on a phone, installed apps, root or unrooted, settings, etc. For me my situation started 3 days ago, nobody could hear me. Everyone said my voice was so faint and I sounded like I was in a hole. That was using the speaker or non-speaker. For one day it worked fine in my car connected to Bluetooth but even that stopped. Nobody could hear me. I did some research and cleared cache, took the case off and blew air in the mic, to no avail. I then found thought I would try to use my voice recorder app to see if it was a mic issue. I could not record, I got an error message,

Cannot start voice recording while other application is using audio

But I did not any another app using audio so I found this page:

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/93495/stock-voice-recorder-cameravideo-recording-and-alar...

I followed these steps and all is fine. I sure did open Ok Google to work form all windows in the last release.

Problems due to OK Google enable in all screen. To fix this, find the Google folder in apps, tap on Google settings, tap on Voice, then "Ok Google" Detection, uncheck the option From any screen, and make sure to check From Google Search app, if you still want to use Ok Google from Google app screen. Problems will be solved....

The problem is there are so many apps that use and interact with the mic and that can impact voice calls. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Like OPGuy, I was experiencing this problem as well, and also like him, disabling GoogleNow from working on all screens made the problem go away (it seems).

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the exact same issue with two of my LG G2s on my acct. Took them to the store and they concluded it was a microphone issue. Both phones were replace, and two days later I began having the same problem.

At this point I believe this an isolated issue with the LG G2. I have an iPhone 6 and 5c in my account and they don't seem to have that problem.

My issue has escalated all the way to engineering, and thus far Sprint has not been able to resolve the problem. I am ready to port my numbers out to another carrier. This is unacceptable.

Highlighted
Journeyman

See my post from one week ago, did u try that?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The store was no help but you might want to take a look at my post a little farther in the message because I found the issue and resolve it on my own and it looks like other users are experiencing the same issue with the LG G2

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did what you suggested with "OK Google" and I also turned off voice enhancements. One of them appears to have worked. I'm not really in need of either of them, so I'm good now - I think.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat