cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What I was just told about the KitKat Update.

Re: What I was just told about the KitKat Update.

Any news fireguy?

Wizard

It seems to me that every rep has a different answer. Sprint needs to get the reps all on the same page and give consistent answers.

Yes. You're right about that! One says it's out and pushing in waves, another says it's not out, and another has told me that now it's not out until April! All these different answers is crazy. I think they just need to make a sticky on the top of this section that flat out says, 'We have no news about KitKat for your phone. Please do not ask because we won't know until it's out just like you.' It would save time for sure. I think they keep confusing KitKat with the Spark update and the update to the other Sprint phones that have gotten it. 'Since they have gotten it, we must be getting it too.', is what they are thinking. I'm new to the world of smartphones but even I know that things should be better ran than this. Giving me a headache for sure!

Master

Katt50,

I understand your frustration. I did check and I have not found any news on when the update is coming. You can keep up to date with the upgrade roll outs at http://bit.ly/1bWKbh9

SarahG

Social care
Wizard

You need to stop saying that you understand my frustration, that's customer service BS. Your team needs to get YOUR act together and stop giving multiple answers. So far, I've heard that it's been released in waves, not released and waiting on Google or LG. Stop telling me to go to a website for answers it is YOUR job to provide them.

Highlighted

I'm in full agreement on that. That is what is so frustrating! One rep says one thing and another says something different. Just make a sticky on the top of this section of the boards and call it KitKat News or something like that. That way all questions regarding the release or lack of it can go there and you will have a spot to show the news. Just my two cents.

Wizard

I'm betting that just makes too much sense....

I'm with you there. I will try to wait even if we do get it now. Every device I upgraded in the past has been screwed up after. I didn't do it with my last one (LTEVO) for that same reason. Now look at the problems they're having with it. The last upgrade for it voids your warranty. What the stuff?

I forgot to put in my last post, I've read that the Moto X is getting Kit Kat now, and I've seen a few things put up by people that have done it. Not much info, though.

Master

Katt50,

We do not intend on giving multiple answers, just trying to provide as much information to you as possible. The kitkat update is in fact coming out in waves. This is due to the manufacturer rolling out the update in portions determined by the serial number of your device. Your phone should send you a push notification when it arrives or you can try a profile update periodically to keep checking. Let us know if you have questions. We are always around.

-Sarah W
Social Care
Wizard

And you are the same rep that said that the update wasn't available yet. Now, according to you, it's rolling out in waves. I don't know what to believe...

YES! WHAT KATT50 SAID! This is the problem! You are now saying that the update will be sent out in waves, a few post ago you said it was not out yet. This is the problem! What you should say is, 'I'm sorry, but KitKat has not been released yet for the LG G2. Once the testing is done it will be released. It will be  sent out over the air to the phones which will alert you that you have a download.' Something like that. The way you are wording it is making us think that it has indeed been released and is being sent out to the phones right now. The only reason why people are not posting about it here is because they are enjoying KitKat's chocolate goodness on their phones right now. Riiiiiiiggghhh! I'm a part time writer with four books out. Trust me...the way you say something counts.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat