cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What I was just told about the KitKat Update.

Wizard

Re: What I was just told about the KitKat Update.

Heather:

According to your official website for LG G2 updates:

http://goo.gl/yM6vvO

It's not available yet. Why are you telling us that it's "rolled out in sections" when your own website says it's not available! Can you show us some PROOF that it's available in instead of lying just to please customers and hope we stop asking!

I swear I think that they keep getting us confused with the Samsung phones. They have gotten the update to KitKat and are still getting it pushed out to them on there phones. So they are thinking we are asking about it for the Samsung phones.

Journeyman

No KitKat yet? That just stinks on well, I was just stopping by to post with my totally unlawful rooted sprint lg g2 running cm11 4.4.2 flawlessly good luck waiting on sprint rolmaooooooooooo

Journeyman

Cats out of the bag!!!! The sprint police are after me for rooting my phone!l! HELP!!!!!!! lol

In light of the two lovely previous posts, I'm actually wondering just how many of Sprint's own employees root their devices. I know some of them do, but how many? And how many of them have service with other carriers? Just wondering.

I wonder that myself.

Journeyman

For all we know a couple of these people that have posted about not having kitKat  just might be employees lol. My thing is I like to root my phone the day I get it. Dont ask why. Bloatware,control, idk but I do and I will. The control they have is their cell service, outside of that I bought the phone! And its my phone so I root

I agree with you that it is your phone. If you bought it, it is your's to do with what you want. :-)

Master

Katt50 (et al),
I'm sorry for the confusion in this thread so I'll try to be super clear.  The KitKat update for the LG G2 is not yet available.  We know you want it, I wish we could speed it up to you.  As soon as it becomes available for Sprint customers, we'll post an update at the top of this forum with all the information (we usually include other items in these kinds of updates, as you'll see from the last announcement).  When we talk about it 'rolling out in waves,' we mean that devices are targetted to get that update in batches.  A server sends out a notification to the whole batch, notifying you that you have it available and asks if you want to start the update.  We don't get information as to how those batches are determined or what the roll-out time-frame looks like, I'm sorry.

For the record, I have a Sprint Note 2, been with Sprint for 9 years since the day I was hired and nope, phone's not rooted because I like my warranty in tact.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions and please accept my heartfelt apologies for the confusion.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Well, that is the best and clearest answer we have gotten, so thank you. I guess we are just in a wait and see then. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

Thank you, Christy! THIS is what I've been asking for. Finally a straight ANSWER. Not more questions, just an answer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics.

I am afraid we need to get the authorization from the Carrier in order to develop and release this update. For example, AT&T and T-Mobile already authorized this update and this is the reason why it&#39s been released to their LG G2 users. As soon as this information is authorized, you will receive a notification from your Carrier.[/QUOTE]

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat