cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What I was just told about the KitKat Update.

Re: What I was just told about the KitKat Update.

I've gotten that from them before. Everybody wants to play the blame game. Each one says it's the other's fault, but somebody has to be lying. I just wonder who is.

Journeyman

A Samsuck for AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile is starting to look more attractive by the minute.

Yeah...it is.

Well...LG now has the open source code on their website. It will just be a matter of time now for it to be sent out to us. At least we now the update us real.

Highlighted
Wizard

Yes, but it depends on when they will decide to release it. You notice that the reps aren't even bothering to reply any more.

Journeyman

I'm doing a little research on the .zip file now. I will let you know if it's Flashable as soon as I get confirmation. It's a zip file and over 700mb which leads me to believe that it can be flashed (along with the kernal) so stay tuned.

Oh yeah, I know Katt. What the guys over on Android Central have said is that once that is posted on the LG site, then it is a day or two before the OTA update.

When this page says ZVC on it, then the Sprint reps will say that it is out. Until then, you will just get the same answer.

The guys over at Android Central says that it only code. If you are a developer then it is useful to you.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_G2/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB55011

Duh...helps to put up the link.

Wizard

I never update my phone when I get the update, I like waiting a while to make sure it's not buggy. Been burned on that before.

Also on Android Central are a bunch of posts about new problems after the upgrade, too. I'm looking at them now. And there's even one about GPS problems AFTER the upgrade. Here I was hoping that mine would be fixed since a rep said that they didn't find a GPS problem that was hardware related. I question that...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat