cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What I was just told about the KitKat Update.

Re: What I was just told about the KitKat Update.

Same here, Katt. I've been burned with every one of my previous smartphones save for the LTEVO, and that thing was problematic even though I didn't upgrade it.

Journeyman

ZVC is the description of the "radio" which is posted on the LG website.

I wonder why it is jumping to ZVC? When it was first being developed it was ZVB.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What do you think the unlikelyhood is that we skipped zvb and went to zvc is that they delayed the update so sprint would be the first one to get the updated kitkat with knock code functionality, yes I know I'm dreaming.

Let's not get too crazy now.

Journeyman

According to this website Sprint already has KitKat for the G2...Al Gore and his Internets has really made a mess of reliable news: Android 4.4 KitKat Update For LG G2 Continues - International Business Times

Oh brother...a part of me wants to leave a comment correcting that article that we have not received it yet. Just that the code is up now. But no thanks. I'm getting a headache.

Journeyman

International Business Times also owns Newsweek, the same company that announced Satoshi Nakamura (creator of BitCoin) was found.  Not the most reliable source.

Journeyman

kikat goodness you are gonna sweet I went to the sprint store today and the sprint employee told me that Lg release the update so we so be getting it sooon

Be glad when we do. It had been a long wait.

Journeyman

It'll be an update.zip that's flashable only via stock recovery. Devs can extract files and make a cwm or twrp zip.

Journeyman

I was contacted by the Open Source Department at LG this morning and told that the new kernel IS flashable. I don't recommend doing this is you are not familiar with rooting/flashing/custom recovery, just thought I'd pass it along.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat