cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What I was just told about the KitKat Update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: What I was just told about the KitKat Update.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works, manufactures get the OS, then put their twist on it, ie LG's UI, then at that point then send it to the carriers, the carriers then test it, put their bloat-ware on it and push it out, so it isn't us waiting for them it's us waiting for you, case and point AT&T pushed it out first, then T-Mobile making what you're saying wrong.

We are and have been waiting on sprint for this update for a while now, LG gave it over to you guys and everyone else a while ago.

Highlighted

Okay, I've heard from several reps that Kit Kat has indeed started being pushed to the G2 in waves. They do it that way to avoid network congestion. Now, where they start and how the waves flow, I have no idea. I would think we can all expect to see it at varying times in this month. My bigger concern is my service. I've been told different things about this, and I am really starting to wonder if I can believe any of it. How is it that every rep I talk to about my service area tells me something different if you're all supposed to be looking at the same information? I don't mean to be offensive or pushy, I would just like to know the facts about whether or not I'm going to have reliable service on my G2. What's the point of 4.4 being available in my area if I can't even download it?

Highlighted

I completely agree with you. Ever since I've gotten my phone I have mostly just had no more than two bars on it at my house. Once in a blue moon, maybe three. Most of the time, no bars and slow data speeds. I've asked Sprint about it several times and always get a different answer. Now you know why my screen name is what it is.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

OTA updates are always pushed by serial number...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

But I can't find any news about it being pushed online. So, I'm a little skeptical.

Highlighted
Master

inconsolable_me

I totally understand you frustration keep checking you device for the update to be pushed to you. I'll be happy to look into your area and see what's going on with service around you. To narrow down the towers may I get your zip and nearby cross streets?

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

FrustratedinEdwardsville

This is not how we want you to feel. Please PM us with your name, number, security info and the link to this thread and I'll be happy to look into your top 5 towers and see what's going on with service around you.

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
GrandMaster

you might hop over to androidcentral to see what info they have on it..usually you will only see rumor in these forums..they wont post anything about the update until usually the day it will start getting kicked out..you might even hop over to the actual factual LG sight and see what it says in there...more often than not you can get info going straight to the source...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Yeah. I'm a member there and looking there for news.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

if it hasnt been mentioned in there yet then its a safe bet its a no go for now lol.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

actually i have someone i can get a hold of that would have a bit more info on this..i'll try to remember when i go to lunch to mail him lol..."try to remember" is the sentence of the day here..i have a hard time with that one lol.

Highlighted

Thanks. I called Sprint and LG. Both says the other push out the update. (Gahhhh!) Anyhow...no news about it being out yet. I think the reps here are confusing us with the S4 owners.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat