cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What I was just told about the KitKat Update.

Highlighted

What I was just told about the KitKat Update.

Okay...to all of the LG G2 users here, I just chatted with Sprint. I asked about the LG G2 getting KitKat and I was told that by the end of March is when we can except the update to start rolling out to us. There were problems with the rollout to the Galaxy S4s, so our update is being held off until the end of the month. Now granted, this just might have been said to me to appease me and to do a CYOA. But this is what I was told. Hopefully it is true and we will start to get the update then or sooner. Trust me...I'm taking this with ten pounds of rock salt. But hey...better than being told there is no news at this time.

124 REPLIES 124
Highlighted

I've gotten that from them before. Everybody wants to play the blame game. Each one says it's the other's fault, but somebody has to be lying. I just wonder who is.

Highlighted
Journeyman

A Samsuck for AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile is starting to look more attractive by the minute.

Highlighted

Yeah...it is.

Highlighted

Well...LG now has the open source code on their website. It will just be a matter of time now for it to be sent out to us. At least we now the update us real.

Highlighted
Wizard

Yes, but it depends on when they will decide to release it. You notice that the reps aren't even bothering to reply any more.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm doing a little research on the .zip file now. I will let you know if it's Flashable as soon as I get confirmation. It's a zip file and over 700mb which leads me to believe that it can be flashed (along with the kernal) so stay tuned.

Highlighted

Oh yeah, I know Katt. What the guys over on Android Central have said is that once that is posted on the LG site, then it is a day or two before the OTA update.

Highlighted

When this page says ZVC on it, then the Sprint reps will say that it is out. Until then, you will just get the same answer.

Highlighted

The guys over at Android Central says that it only code. If you are a developer then it is useful to you.

Highlighted

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_G2/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB55011

Duh...helps to put up the link.

Highlighted
Wizard

I never update my phone when I get the update, I like waiting a while to make sure it's not buggy. Been burned on that before.

Highlighted

Also on Android Central are a bunch of posts about new problems after the upgrade, too. I'm looking at them now. And there's even one about GPS problems AFTER the upgrade. Here I was hoping that mine would be fixed since a rep said that they didn't find a GPS problem that was hardware related. I question that...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat