cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should be different with kitkat

Journeyman

What should be different with kitkat

I finally received the update and don't notice any major changes.  The only difference is the icons on the notification bar are white.  I thought the dialer was supposed to change, Handouts was supposed to replace messaging, etc.  Am I missing something?  Any thoughts?  Screen shots of updated apps with kitkat?

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: What should be different with kitkat

Just did update noticed ringer, music, etc that use audio are not as loud as before dont no if u have same issue

Journeyman

Hangouts can replace messaging but its a setting from within the hangouts app but the kitkat update doesnt choose that as default...if thats something youre wanting as default messaging app you can do that in the hangouts settings.

Journeyman

...it's a whole lot smoother and responsive on the LG G2. Camera is totally awesome now, too. The system uses more RAM, however. Keep an eye on how much data the stock web browser stores... it quickly gets way out of control and soon you will have to 'Clear Data' in the app settings, which totally blows away all your stored bookmarks. Totally annoying!

Journeyman

Thanks for the input.  Did your stock dialer change?  

Journeyman

hmmm, the dialer looks a little different, but i dunno. looks good to me, though.

Journeyman

who still uses the stock android browsers anyway...chrome wins it imo. As far as your comment about the camera changes, what changes have you noticed..I'm not seeing much of a difference..? have there been any setting changes for camera or is it something else..?

ON on that note, I totally hate that G2 cameras are capable of 4k shooting but isn't an added feature on the rom...

Highlighted
Journeyman

ahhh... well stock android browser use is actually double what Chrome is, lol; if you really do want to know who's still using it. ; )  ...and 4x shooting is great when you have good optics in the camera. otherwise ya just got another cell phone vid with crappy color depth and lens distortion. but the auto-focus is much faster with kitkat, AND adjusting to light or dark as you pan around with the camera is way faster. i should try shooting some low light pics this eve to really be sure i guess, lol.

Journeyman

I got my G2 yesterday and it was on 4.2.2

You won't visibly see anything out of the ordinary, LG has their skin on android. 4.4.2 is a huge improvement, especially performance and battery wise.

Android - 4.4 KitKat

If you want Hangouts to take over SMS, you have to allow it do to so. The fist time you launch Hangouts, it should prompt asking to be default messaging app. If not, you can open Hangouts, then go to Settings > SMS and Enable or Disable.

Personally, hangouts for SMS does not work for me. I only use it for GChat

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat