cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is this getting Lollipop (Android 5.0)?

Highlighted
Journeyman

When is this getting Lollipop (Android 5.0)?

Any updates? Looking forward to getting 5.0 along with the G3's interface on the G2.

35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh really? I live in the idaho panhandle. So when do you think it will be released in my area. And when will sprint start the lollipop launch for the G3?

Highlighted
Wizard

Probably will be after the G3 is updated. And no US carrier has it yet.

Highlighted
Master

odellrandy - We have not received any updates as to the time or date for those releases. Please visit this link for more updates: http://newsroom.sprint.com/. - Kevon
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

Sadly, the Newsroom is the last place to find information about updates. Find a good Android Blog or Forum will give you much better information.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So now sprint is pushing out lollipop 5.0. My question is, do I have the option to not download it. Or is it going to be force fed. And I have no option but to download it. I like kitkat. I don't want lollipop. If sprint forces me to down load it. I will get pissed and root my phone so I can downgrade it back to kitkat. I should not be forced to download anything on my phone. Thanks

Highlighted
Master

odellrandy,

We understand your concern and we do not want you to feel as if you are being forced to update the operating system on your phone. Although the Lollipop update is available for several of our android phones, it is not mandatory that you download it. However, it is definitely recommended as the update includes several benefits such as a new material design, improved notifications, an updated lock screen, upgraded Google services, integrated messaging, support for Google TV, and it also improves battery performance. Feel free to let us know if you have any more questions or concerns in regard to your services. We'll be happy to help.

- Christopher
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I am not sure If I even want it with all of the bugs that have yet to be ironed out on it. Like the battery life is worse than what I have now. I get on a good day 5 hours. normal day 3 to 4 hours. The battery life on the G3 is terrible.

Highlighted
Wizard

Going to KitKat on the G2, we never got any notification until it was downloaded and ready to install. So, I would think that the Lollipop upgrade would work the same. I was recently having terrible batter life and freezing issues but a system wipe fixed it for me. And before you say I don't understand, my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 is still on Jelly Bean, basically because I'm happy with it and really only use it for music, video and reading. I've turned upgrades off for it because I don't want to lose the access to the SD Card in KitKat.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got Lollipop & don't like it I preferred Kitkat & want it back. I think we should have a choice to go back..happy customer is a loyal customer & I'm not to happy with this update!

Highlighted
Wizard

Unfortunately, you can't go back to a older version of Android without rooting your device. This is true on any carrier.

Highlighted
Journeyman

you got lollipop via an OTA (over the air) update, or manually upgrading via a third party rom? if former, wasnt aware the update was rolling out since no news?

Wizard

I have a feeling it's someone with a G3 because Lollipop isn't available for the Sprint G2 yet.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat