cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is this getting Lollipop (Android 5.0)?

Highlighted
Journeyman

When is this getting Lollipop (Android 5.0)?

Any updates? Looking forward to getting 5.0 along with the G3's interface on the G2.

35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Master

NAUTICALX1,
We haven't been given any word ion this yet. Any announcement regarding software updates will be announced in the device forum, here in community.

- Duane
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

We are supposed to get Lollipop after the G3. Unfortunately, there's issues with it on the overseas models that have been released, so until they fix that, we aren't going to see it. I'm thinking spring/summer time frame myself for the G2. Unfortunately, Sprint likes to hold updates like these to force new phone sales. I would suggest finding some G2 forums because they'll have any new information first.

Highlighted
Master

That's my guess as well. Probably 2nd or 3rd quarter.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Wizard

Well, it's out in Europe, so it's coming. I bet it's going to be held to try to force us to use our upgrades.

Highlighted
Master

Katt50, That would not be the reason why an update is held. An update may be held to correct any issues it may have. If there's anything else I can assist you with, please let me know. I'm here to help. - Gertrude
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

I understand that you have to test it out but you do have past history of holding updates that work fine on other carriers. And don't tell me to check the Newsroom, that's the last place to get the information.

Highlighted
Master

Katt50, We haven't been given any word on the update as of yet. Thank you for your patience. - Gertrude
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I got 2 major issues on my lg g2,first it was that "data connection" problem then it all came down to what, that i dnt have sprint zone on my device. I donno how to solve data connection issue and keep update my device without sprintzone very much frustrated..

Highlighted
Master

rahi_edge -

Sorry for the issues that you have had with the LG G2. Please visit this link http://sprint.co/1Apwrsg . It will show how to install and access the Sprint Zone App.

- Gustavo
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am looking for the lollipop on my LG G3. I wish I knew when It will be released.

Highlighted
Master

odellrandy, The software update will be sent out by region and serial number per manufacture. - Fernandez
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat