cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2

0 Comments

Plain and simple, the LG G2 is the device for me. From the feel of the device in my hand, to the unique features that LG has brought to the device, the G2 is my favorite phone I've used in a long time. As you may have read in some of my earlier posts, the screen, camera and battery life are the best in the industry in my opinon. The new IPS screen technology makes for a beautiful viewing experience even in direct sunlight. The OIS technology makes snapping clear pictures a breeze (plus gives off the notion that I know what I'm doing!) LG Chem did a pheonomnal job with the battery, making it a bigger battery than its competitors while making it charge faster and last longer in a slimmer design.

This leads me to my favorite innovation brought to you exclusively by LG. The phone design. More specifically, the rear-key buttons. After some getting used to, I don't want the buttons any other place on any phone I use. The convenience of the button placement is second to none in the business.

If you're looking for a last minute holiday gift for you or someone you care about, I would strongly suggest you take a look at the LG G2. Not only is it a great phone, its the first phone to leverage the new Sprint Spark tech!! There is seemingly no end to the benefits and attributes surrounding this phone!!

Thanks for reading! For more information go to  LG G2

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles

0 Comments

As Dennis Green once said in a press conference “The Bears are who we thought they were”,

I reiterate this message in accordance to the LG G2, and the G2 is what I thought it was.

And what did I think it was going to be? Great is the term that I would use to describe this device.

LG-G2-T-Mobile.jpg

LG wanted to change the game, they wanted to make themselves stick out from the normal pack of manufacturers and in this quest LG has succeeded.

Buttons on the back, which at first takes some getting used to, however it just makes sense. The G2’s knows how to use the real estate for the screen.

So much so that the phone’s dimensions are not that much smaller than the Note 2, yet it is much less bulky.

LG has packed a beautiful screen, a huge battery and a good camera onto a device that will surely please the end user.

The best of all right now is the price on sprint.com which is 0.00 (which I call the Blutarski) this is an Animal House reference for all you youngins .

I have loved this phone since the moment I got it, being able to keep the phone without having to constantly have a charger handy is a plus for me.

I don’t have to worry about finding life support for a dying phone anymore, the chains are gone and now I am free.

Thanks

Stanny George

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles

0 Comments

This is the age of the big phones. All flagships that launched this year were around 5" or more and rightly so, content consumers want a bigger screen to watch their favorite videos in HD, read their eBooks and the like. Also, the specs on these big guys rival some of our current or last gen laptops in speed. So why not make them capable of multi-tasking like a PC would?

Now let me clear something up. I am not talking about card-style multi tasking where you can flip between apps quickly and seamlessly. This is about using 2 apps at once! One could argue, why would you want to do tha to on a mobile device, but one could also argue, if you have the screen real estate, why wouldn't you? So I thought why not showcase the implementation by LG.

IF you want to get familiar with Samsung's approach, a blog post on Sprint Community sums it up nicely, however Samsung calls is either Multi-View or Multi-Window depending on the device model.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/496822

So to start, I would like to clarify another thing about QSlide. Initialy in the Optimus G, QSlide was limited to just the video player so you could watch video and do other things at the same time. In the G2, they have expanded the ability to more apps, such as: Video, Phone, Calendar, Email, Memo, Voice Mate, File Manager and Calculator. They all can be accessed from the notifications panel as QSlide has its own section of apps. You can also remove some of the apps if you want to conserve space, but you wouldn't need to.

1-Screenshot_2013-12-11-14-07-16.jpg3-Screenshot_2013-12-11-14-07-10.jpg

Verizon (Yes Verizon ) has a very nice video about the functionality in the link below (sorry no embedded support here). QSlide allows you to work with or consume content from 3 apps at the same time. And it lets you change the transparency of the app so you can look behind at the main screen or another app that is covering the whole screen. Check out the video for more info.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/videogallery/device-videos/lg/g2-v2-qslide.html

LG Also has a very nice interactive demo of the Video app with Qslide below:

LG G2: A Phone Inspired By You | LG USA

Well, low and behold, All you need to do is click on the apps you want, arrange them on your screen or resize them, just like WINDOWS! You can also adjust the transparency of the window to make it easier to view (see below) and viola! You are done!

2-Screenshot_2013-12-11-14-08-06.jpg

I hope this allows you, the readers, to take advantage of this amazing feature and make it a part of your daily lives, I know it has improved my interaction with the device greatly. Thanks.

- Your Product Ambassador

0 Comments

The LG G2 makes it easier than ever to share content you find with others directly from your phone. But every other phone I’ve used has some sort of screenshot capture and share feature as well. However the LG G2 took this a step further with Capture Plus. Capture Plus doesn’t just take a screenshot of the current view of an article, it saves an entire webpage as an image so whoever your sharing it with gets everything. Confused? I was too. But seeing it in action made me think, “why doesn’t every phone do this?”

Enjoy:

Thanks for reading! For more information go to LG G2

0 Comments

LG G2 demo recap.

We here in Maitland, FL had a demo of the LG G2. We even had a rep from LG come out and demo the device to our employees in our building. Overall the demo was great, all who joined were impressed with the device and loved it when we showed the lasting ability of the battery. Another PA team member Dave Macdonald had his phone at 89% while letting it run for 8 hours at the time. Some left handers loved the placement of the buttons on the back which allows them to use it with no issues as they would on other devices. We were able to demonstrate the crispness of the screen which can be seen in bright sunlight with no issues. Some really loved the audio zoom which allows the user to focus on one person in the midst of many speak.

As the rep stated the 5 highlights that LG uses to promote their phone are;

• 5.2” Full HD IPS display with near zero edge
    • Benefits – Natural colors, sharp clarity, high brightness, and easier to hold phone
  • Rear keys
    • Benefits – more ergonomic and ambidextrous use with your index finger
  • 13MP Camera with Optical Image Stabilization
    • Benefits – Take clear pictures or videos because the lens adjusts for motion of the user
  • 2.26Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Processor with 2GB of RAM (GRAM added 20% additional power efficiency)
    • Benefits – Fastest mobile processor on the market with an updated Adreno 330 GPU and self adjusting             cores for lower power usage
  • 3000mAh capacity battery
    • Benefits – Phablet size battery in an regular sized device that give about 1.25 Days of mixed usage

Honorable mention features

1. Quick remote – IR based control of media devices (TV, Cable, ect.)
  2. 32GB of internal memory
  3. Knock on – tap on screen to awake the device from standby and also put into standby
  4. Guest Mode – Special patter unlock for guests to keep them out of personal information
  5. QSlide/Slide aside – efficient multitasking with 2 windows on screen and also sliding apps from right to left with three fingers to switch between up to 3 applications.
  6. Quick Memo – take a screenshot on any screen and write a personal message on it with your finger

1.png 2.png 3.png

Thanks

Stanny George

0 Comments

I’ve read a couple of harsh reviews about the LG G2’s personal assistant software called Voice Mate. Frankly, I think it’s getting a bad rap! My experience with Voice Mate has been very positive. I mostly use it to look up directions to a map location or set reminders and timers. These features work (almost) flawlessly! Sure there are some limitations, but Voice Mate is much younger than Google Now and Siri. I think LG even has a leg up on Samsung’s version S-Voice. The G2 also plays nicely with Google Now, so you can use both Voice Mate and Google Now as you see fit.

There are many other tasks Voice Mate can complete for you including posting to social media! Here are some others:

LG+G2+Voicemate1.pngLG+G2+Voicemate2.pngLG+G2+Voicemate3.png

In order to activate Voice Mate, press the home button and swipe up and to the left.

Thanks for reading! For more information go to

For more information go to LG G2

0 Comments

Want to share what’s on your phone to your tv?

I recently had a funny video of the kids that I wanted to show my grandmother, I wasn’t able to show it on the phone due to my grandmother’s poor eyesight.

Not to worry, LG’s smart share allows you to share what is on your phone with your tv , Xbox, or Playstation.

To turn on this feature

1. From the Home screen, tap the Apps apps.png > Settings settings.png

2. Tap Share & Connect share+%26+connect.jpg

Screenshot_2013-11-28-07-37-56.png

3. SmartShare Beam.

. Screenshot_2013-11-28-07-38-02.png

4. Turn the service on

Screenshot_2013-11-28-07-38-24.png

5. To beam your content, select your file and tap the Share icon share+icon.jpg or long press and select Share. Scroll down and select SmartShare Beam share+%26+connect.jpg

6. Tap the device name to receive the file, and then tap Send.

Try this feature out, your favorite videos can have its rightful place on a big display

Thanks

Stanny George

0 Comments

Pretty good Dogfight between the two devices.

G2 phone.PNGNEXUS5.PNG

Part 1                                                                                                            Part 2

source                                                                                                           source

LG G2:                                                                Nexus 5:

G2 specs.PNGNexus 5 specs.PNG

0 Comments

If you like making your android device an extension of you, then the LG G2 is the phone for you! You can make the entire device look and feel virtually any way you want it to with different LG themes from the LG Smartworld App store.

There are two themes that come preloaded onto your device: Basic, and Marshmallow. However, there are literally dozens of FREE themes available to download from the LG store. To download the LG Smartworld App store, go to us.lgworld.com from your LG G2 browser. You will be able to register, and download the store from there. Once it’s downloaded and added to your home screen, you will be able to add themes like CartoonVillage and SantaClaus, LegoToy and Gold. The best part about these themes is how easy it is to switch between them!

Currently I have 6 themes that I rotate throughout the week. These aren’t just background changes mind you. They completely change the look of all of you home screens and icons. Giving the whole phone a makeover can really make your G2 different from everyone else’s!

Here are two of my favorite themes. Left to right: ColorPaper, MarineLook

G2+Theme+4.jpg G2+Theme+2.jpg

For more information go to

LG G2

0 Comments

It’s the question that keeps coming up every time I pull it out.

The G2 has such a distinct look to it that it acts as a magnet for me to explain and demo the features of this phone to the everyday user.

The huge screen and the small bezel are really attractive to those who want a big screen yet do not want to have a behemoth of a phone like the S3.

The crispness of the screen is a real eye catcher; I tend to always have my phone on 50% brightness and most are amazed at the clarity of the phone even at that level.

LG native animations such as the lock screen help put it over the top of other devices that are out there.

g2.jpg g2 1.jpg

Finally the question comes up, would you consider getting this phone?

The overwhelming response to the question is a resounding yes.

The LG software is a plus for users who like some of the added features without the bloated feeling that some other providers have put on their devices.

The 13 Megapixel camera’s photo quality is a plus for those of us with kids allowing us to capture life’s great moments.

The IR blaster allows you to use it with any appliance that uses an IR remote.

Thanks

Stanny George

“The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.”

0 Comments

The more I use the G2 the more impressed I am with it. LG has really stepped upped their game and have really come up with some innovative features. One feature that I really like is the Audio Zoom option when recording video.

I haven't had a real opportunity to test this option out but I did find a great article showing how this feature works.

LG claims the feature lets you "focus on what you want to hear" by zooming into a specific area. The phone will supposedly
amplify the sound coming from that area and lessen any surrounding noise.

So doesit actually work? I put it to the test, and the answer may surprise you.

When the sound you're trying to amplify is loud enough and the surrounding noise in the room is quiet enough, you can indeed

notice an amplified effect when you zoom in with Audio Zoom enabled.

See for yourself; in this video, I was standing near the hum of a bathroom fan:

The change in audio may not be enormous, but you can

definitely hear the sound of the running water get louder and the background
noise grow more distant when the lens is zoomed in to the sink.

With increased background noise, the
amplification continues to work -- but the phone has a harder time drowning out

the surrounding sound:

Where the feature struggles to work at all is when the
targeted noise is relatively quiet; in that condition, I've found it isn't
really able to boost the zoomed-in audio enough to make a noticeable
difference.

Still, in the right circumstance,
there's no denying LG's G2 Audio Zoom actually does work. As for how
significant or valuable that fact is, well, that's something you'll have to
decide.

It's nice to see OEM's thinking outside the box and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before features like these become the norm.

0 Comments

Every year, I wonder what is it that the hardware vendors will do to make their new flagships better then last year beyond the standard spec bump. Yes every year, your LG's Samsungs put  more cores, memory and better cameras but thats not really innovation. However, so far, every year I am impressed with what other value added features, that may look small or insignificant but REALLY change the way you use your phones. LG G2 was just that phone that really got my head spinnig

1. Back buttons:

Initially I was skeptical of this. It is completely out of the norm, but so were some other features on other smartphones a few years ago. heck having apps on smartphones was awkward at some point but now we cant live without it. Back to the buttons, with a phone this big, this is a very natural spot as you will have a finger in the neighborhood. Even the Moto X has a little spot on the back to rest your finger and it is a very comfortable spot. So to have the power and volume buttons in the back make it easy to change volumes during a call, etc but it does take some getting used to.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/lg/assets/images/showland_optimus_g2_imagery.jpg

2. Knock Knock, whose there?

Well its actually called Knock On. Due to the fact that the buttons are on the back, it would have been difficult to pick up the phone anytime you need to check the time/weather/notifications. So comes in Knock On. Tapping the screen twice wakes it up, tapping on the top twice shuts it off.

This is a very unique and innovative feature. Granted that the concept isnt new but the fact that they thought this through with the back button design, shows LG wants to be a game changer.

http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/articleimage/684/2013/08/touch-on.gif

3. Quick Remote:

This is become the norm but it is still a great idea. Your phone as your universal remote, another way to tie your entertainment to your handy dandy device. Most current devices that support an IR remote work with this app. The setup is quite intuitive and easy and it just makes your life in the living room (or bed room) much simpler. No more where is the remote!

http://gadgetnerdly.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/LG-G2-Quick-Remote-TV.jpg http://gadgetnerdly.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/LG-G2-Quick-Remote-Comcast.jpg

I hope this showcases some of the cool new and innovative features of the LG G2 and will help the readers to decide which will be their next upgrade.

Disclaimer: The images above were taken from searches on Google and the credit for these images goes to their respective owners e.g. GagetNerdly, LG, etc.

-Your Product Ambassador Team

1 Comment

LG G2 is LG's latest flagship on the Sprint Network. And guess what? It also SPARK capable? What is that? I will explain later:

First, its a beautiful design! Sleek Black body with almost no screen bezel on the side. You could pass this off as an Edge to Edge display. You may have heard mixed reviews about the button placements, especially from folks who have used it a day or so and made their decision that it may not work for them. I can tell you, after using it for a week or so, I think this is the perfect spot for your volume and power button. Dont get me wrong, it takes a while to get used to, but its worth the effort and then it comes naturally. More on that later.

20131112_095122_resized.jpg

Second, the Screen is big Big BIG! a whopping 5.2" of Bright 1080p Goodness. The color are sharp, the text is clear. The pics below may not do the screen justice (blame it on the camera i am using, i wont say which one )

20131112_095110_resized.jpg

Third, fairly new tech in the mobile game, and OIS or Optical Image Stabilizeed Camera. IT allows the phone to take better pictures when your hands are shaky or when you are moving too much.

Forth, Sprint Spark capable. What is that you ask? It is Sprint's new Tri-Band LTE capability allowing very high download speeds using Clearwire's 2.5Ghz spectrum, alongside current 1.9Ghz LTE and Nextel's 800Mhz spectrum. However currently this capability is not enabled at launch but a software update will enable it in the coming weeks.

Finally (At least on this blog) the smart cover. The cover has a small window that can show a fancy clock widget, call/sms notifications. BUT this screen is also customizable! You have a choice of 3 analog and several digital clock versions. You can also swip right/left to get a weather widget similar to the home screen widget. You can answer calls without lifting the cover. The only downside, it may not provide a high level of protection compared to Otterbox, and the like

20131112_095045_resized.jpg

Hope this is a good start, I will be providing more details in my next blogs on some of the features. Thanks and enjoy!

-Your Product Ambassador Team

0 Comments

Capture.PNG
I've really been impressed with how much the G2 has to offer. LG has really stepped up their game in producing one of the nicest devices of 2013 and after 2 wks with the device I'm still finding some really cool features with it. One website has a list of 30 different

Features and System Hiddent Tricks for a full list please visit their website, here are the ones that I found to be pretty cool:

Quick Camera
For three seconds, hold the volume down when the screen is off, to quickly access the camera app and snap a picture. This acts as a camera button whenever you are facing the rear-camera.

Audio Zoom
Zoom in on a specific audio source during video recording by zooming on your subject. Audio Zoom uses three stereo microphones to amplify the sound from that specified source.

Screenshots
Normally, you need to use the volume and power keys to get a screenshot but in G2, you can swipe the button of the screen then slide right to access quick memo. Use it to take a screenshot and share it if you want.

Plug and Pop
Set the animation appearing on the home screen whenever you plug in an ear jack or OTG cable. Go Settings > General > Accessory > USB Storage or Earphone > Edit app panel > Set preferred apps.

Tracking Zoom
Use this feature to zoom in on moving subject you select and track actions in a separate pane overlapping the background video.

Zoom to Track
If you want to view the subject on a closer range within a video, select the moving object on the playback and choose Zoom to Track to zoom in to track the subject throughout the clip.

Instant Desktop
Pinch out to hide all applications and reveal the home screen instantly. This feature will not let alternative launchers to access unless otherwise said.

Some pretty cool stuff with the G2, so far one of my favorite features is the audio zoom!!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They
volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these
devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE,
technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles

0 Comments

When I first saw the rear keys, I will admit I was skeptical. It’s a unique design change for a company that hasn’t produced a big named device in a long time. Conventional design always places the buttons around the edge of the device. LG however, stepped outside of the box in order to give us an ultra-thin, wonderfully shaped, and almost edge-to-edge displayed device by placing the volume up/down and power keys on the back of the device.

G2+Rear+Key+Design.jpgphoto source: USA Today

But the innovation didn’t stop there. They made the keys multifunctional so you can actually use these well placed buttons to get to certain apps faster! From the lock screen, I can hold my “volume down” key to launch the camera without unlocking the device. Holding the “volume up” key from the lock screen and it will launch quick memo, which means you always have a note pad at your fingertips. These actions work even witht he screen turned off! The buttons can also be used within the camera app for shutter or zoom functionality!

LG has clearly put a lot of thought and innovation into this device, and the rear placed keys are a perfect complement to this great device.  I wasn’t sure I would like the button placement change in the beginning, but I have to say, I'm really enjoying the design and functions!

0 Comments

LG and the Term Iconic device, LG has done quite a bit to change its image from low and mid tier android provider, to put itself in the running to be one of the top flight smartphone manufacturers on the market.  With the unveiling of the G2 and the forthcoming Nexus 5, LG has catapulted into the front running.  LG can now hangout with the big boys from Motorola, Samsung and HTC.  No longer are the devices ones you will make do with, the G2 after  weeks use will be a device you won’t want to live with out.  Before I have talked about the differences in devices in terms of cars.  You have Volvos, your daily safe driver that is efficient and does the things you need to do.  You have your Porsches fun little devices that can do all kinds of neat little things.  Now with the G2 I am adding a new category the Supercars.  The G2 can be closely compared to the McClaren for innovation, styling, and performance.  The device is a monster in the specs department.  Per LG

“Processor

Equipped with a 2.26 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 Quad-Core Processor, the LG G2 is our most advanced smartphone yet. Play the latest games, watch full definition movies without hiccups, and experience a user interface that responds as fast as you can tap.”

Here is where things get a little different.  This device is more like what would happen if McClaren made a hybrid.  All of this power, and performance, and a the mileage to make it worth using.  Battery life is an important factor in the modern Smartphone race.  From Personal experiences I have made the battery on this beast last 72 hours with out a charge, this was with medium usage, no high end games.  With high end games and usage I still get 12 to 18 hours between charges.  That means all day performance, with out a worry.  Here is a little more on the Battery from LG

“SiO+ Battery

The LG G2’s specially engineered 3,000 mAh SiO+ battery was created to complement the phone’s slim, ergonomic shape and to impress with its long life. This high-density battery features a unique step design that provides maximum capacity in a slim form factor, enhanced with Silicon Oxide Plus technology for efficient power. “

In Short this device with its stylish design, 5.2 inch 1080P screen, Powerhouse processor, and all the bells and whistles is a sure sign that LG is here to play with the big boys, and they plan to stay there.

Jeremy the Product Ninja

Quotes from - http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/g2

0 Comments

G2 photo.PNG

I've had the G2 for about week now. I was fortunate enough to pick it up last Thursday before heading to the mountains for the weekend.

At 5.2 inches it really fits nicely in your hands and I really like having the power and volume controls right on the back of the device, turns out it

is suprisingly convenient and easy to use. I wasn't quite sure how I'd like that but turns out it was a smart choice.

Here are some of the Key Features of the G2

Key Features.PNG

processor.PNGExperience.PNG

What I like with the G2

• screen is amazing, very easy view in bright sunlight (in landscape mode don't wear polarized sunglasses though...oops thought I had a dead battery...LOL)
  • volume / power on the back of the device is really nice and my finger feels natural controlling the device from there, I don't feel like I need to contort my hand.
  • great size, fits nicely in my hand and in my pocket
  • my favorite feature is the ability to move the virtual keys to multiple positions, so if you are coming from another device you can have your home / menu / back keys in the same position as your previous device

(menu>system settings>display>advanced settings>front touch buttons)

Screenshot_2013-11-08-10-29-52.png

What I don't care for on the G2

• Taking screenshots is not easy if you have large hands and requires two hands to do it (vol dn + power)
  • The normal setting in the camera option (default out of the box) leaves lower light pictures feeling washed out (check out my NOTE3 vs G2 camera blog)
  • I like the folio case with the window view but I choose the clock I like and somehow the G2 ends up changing it, I end up not changing it anymore because it won't last.

Screenshot_2013-11-08-10-34-06.png

Overall it's a really great device and one of my favorites!

0 Comments

It’s been almost a week since I got the G2. At first my exact thought was “meh” another phone trying to gimmick its way into the lives of the tech crazy population. I was pleasantly surprised the quality of the device and usefulness of some of these features. Below I’ve listed a few of my favorite things (Sound of music mention here).

When you open the box the first thing that you see is the size of the phone, it has a 5.2 inch but the phone isn’t huge due to LG using most of the real-estate of the device. The almost edge to edge screen really sticks out when watching anything on youtube or Netflix.

LG-G2.jpg

The button placement was the next thing that I thought would be as young people would say WHACK. I really wanted to label this as a gimmick but I have to say that it just makes sense. The phone feels really clean and smooth since none of the buttons are seen from the front.

The knock knock feature is really cool; I keep this device on stand with the screen facing me. When I want to wake my phone all I have to do is double tap the phone and it comes awake. This is a feature that I’m surprised other manufactures haven’t used yet. It is very responsive, and the device can even wake with the lightest of taps yet does not wake willy nilly (no worrying about butt dialing).

Screen resolution, LG just like they did with the previous OG has a great screen, the picture is very crisp. The 1080 x 1920 pixels with a ppi of 423, what does this all mean? This means that your next cat video is going to be awesome.

0 Comments

I can’t even tell you the last time I owned a device made by LG. For me, it’s been pretty much a two horse race between Samsung and Apple the last 5-6 years. I did have a short affair with a pretty great Blackberry device. However, ultimately those two companies have dominated the smartphone choices for me and millions of other consumers.

When I received my LG G2, I was immediately impressed with how well it fit in my hand and the weight it carried gave it a fantastic premium feel. Build quality always a good first impression metric for me, b/c I like to feel like I’m not going to break the phone by tapping the screen to hard or dropping it on the soft grass. Although the phonies made from mostly plastic, the quality of the materials is evident as soon as you pick the device up.

Once I booted the phone up, I was very impressed by the IPS screen. My last three devices I have used the AMOLED displays, so this was a differentiating factor. The colors aren’t quite as vibrant as the note 3, but this display is easily one of the best on the market. It has a very natural look to all of the colors it displays. It provides an exceptionally sharp picture while watching videos or scrolling through high resolution photos. The picture spans a cool 5.2in that almost goes edge to edge thanks to a slim bezel design.

Finally, the back buttons. LG has decided place the volume rocker and power buttons on the back. This design change has sparked much debate about the phone. Before I received the phone, I was of the mindset the button placement was gimmicky, and a far reach for LG. However, after about 3 days of using the phone, the buttons really were a natural fit! My finger normally rests just below the buttons, and it’s a simply move of my index finger to turn the volume up or down while watching a video. In fact, if I try to turn the volume up on my Note 3 now, I almost always end up pressing the adjacent power button as well. The button placement was a fantastic idea by LG, and I hope more manufacturers decide to use this design as well.

Overall the G2 has been a great phone to use. There are plenty of features packed into this device, so stay tuned for some more blogs!