cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kitkat for lg g2?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: kitkat for lg g2?

There is that pushing it out in waves again, and yes LG does determine who gets the updates  and when as far as carriers.  But know how they determine?  It's based on the carriers willingness to push their specific device,  why you think sprint is updating  HTC and Samsung first cause lg and the G2 are a back door device to sprint. You can bet sprint has a deal with Samsung to make them a flag phone for sprint.  Ever been in a sprint store?  Samsung devices everywhere then a HTC Here and a LG there,  sprint pushes Samsung so they cover them first.  When sprint is done with Samsung customers they will get around to us second rate LG cutomers

Journeyman

You can bet if LG has pushed out the kitkat to T-Mobile formG2 it's ready and available to sprint too.  Not that big a differance

Master

G2user65,

Thanks for the reply. The manufacturer pushes out the update. The LG G2 on Sprint is a triband device so the functionality and configurations of an updated operating system will be engineered quite differently for Sprint than it will be on other carriers.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

I heard that the update to the Samsung models bricked the phones where they couldn't receive calls. So I guess I would rather wait for it to be working 100% before we get it.

Master

FrustratedinEdwardsville,

Thanks for the feedback. When an update is released for any phone model from any manufacturer there may be some functionality issues reported. With the millions of phones that are updated the overwhelming majority have no issue and do not take to the internet to voice their satisfaction while the small minority that experience issues do. It's understandable, it's human nature to express when things don't go correctly and to be quiet when they do; but if every phone was bricked or made inoperable the manufacturers would cease the release of their update immediately to avoid widespread issues.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

I know that. I meant to say that it was happening to a few models, not all of them. Sorry for the confusion, sir.

Journeyman

Told you,,,,,,, lmao

Yeppers.

Journeyman

Isn't there separation or a difference in updating the OS and updating the radio? Just like 2 of those 3 bands were not enabled but an update turned them on without giving us a new OS version...please don't toy with us. Between XDA and the rest of the web folks will eventually call you all out if you're pulling our leg and blowing smoke. If the radios aren't getting any update, why would tri-band matter in an OS update?

Journeyman

And look at the specs of Sprint's current tri-band devices...most of them if not all can't compete under the hood with the G2 (even sammy's new S5 just squeaks by it). It's not new for Sprint let a hi-spec device lag behind to give other handsets breathing room to sell. This isn't an area I'd expect reps to address or deny with anything company approved but, I understand Sprint has to sell phone (or do they?) and reps wanna keep their jobs.

The LG G2 is a well spec'd device that with proper support a customer could hang on to it well into whatever next version of Android Google puts out. But.....more important than how long 4.4.x takes to come to G2, let's see a spec comp between the G2 and the whatever gets to run the next release. If Galaxy S5 gets it, there won't be much hardware reason to exclude G2.

Oh close is the G2 to the S5 in hardware?

HOW close...sigh.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat