cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kitkat for lg g2?

Highlighted
Journeyman

kitkat for lg g2?

When will the lg g2 users see the kitkat update, and how will we be able to check for the update to see if its aviable?

84 REPLIES 84
Highlighted
Journeyman

That is what sprint calls a strong arm tactic, lol I have rooted and unrooted more then one phone and taken it back for replacement. Very first phone I rooted I had the misfortune to brick it. HTC hd7 windows phone 7. Was able to unbrick unroot and return for a shiny new one bingo for me! As the 4th worst carrier (Sprint), we customers must do what we can do to make our phones and tablets run better and faster I.e remove useless bloatware. Warrantys are about as worthless as sprint trying to push nothing but pipedreams with its so called network upgrades.good luck on 2 things, #1 KitKat for a forgotten LG G2  and #2 A, 4G if your town has more then 800,000 people and B, Spark = 4G WiMAX by another name. BTW ,how did the WiMax work out for you guys? Not to good,

Message was edited by: warp64 XDA.com

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know your asking yourself, if I unbricked and unrooted the htc hd7 why did I take it back? Because windows phone 7 SUCK!! no copy/paste out of the box come on lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

I totally agree with you. Btw, gotta love how the rep termed it "if root was installed" LOL! I have never met anyone who 'installed root' ~as it's an exploit you run to get SU, not an app you install...And they are claiming to be able to detect a previous root!

Highlighted

If they don't like the fact of rooting a phone, then they should make it where it can't be done. But that kinda spits in the face of what the Android system is supposed to be.

Highlighted
Journeyman

They do somewhat try, but a new method is always around the corner. I definitely agree that Android is all about customizing and personally don't see what their opposition to rooting is really all about. Plus it's the only way to get rid of the useless bloat ware that they load your phone with...And it's a great way to add custom features and get the most out of your phone ~like hiding the soft buttons on the bottom of the screen that rob you of a 1/2in of screen space.

Highlighted

I agree with you on that. Having three map apps on the phone is crazy. Google maps is more than enough. Putting a movie player on there that you can't remove is also unfair and takes up space.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The company is going down.why are we going with them.

Highlighted
Master

dd40soon We don't want you to feel this way about us. Please tell me what is making you feel this way. I am here to help with any concerns you may have. Roxana Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

Maybe you should read this whole thread and figure out why people are upset....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just read on drippler that the LG g2 update is now rolling out in Canada.  Okay folks time to boycott Sprint.  I am tired of the run around and excuses.  You know who I am and my number give me the kitkat update now.  LG is not going to release for all the G2 phones except sprint.  So at this point it is 100% on sprint.  Well guess what we don't have to take it.  If enough customers walk away to another carrier they will listen.  So sprint, close your mouth and shoot out the update now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did lol I took my 3 lines to T-Mobile and got KitKat AND 4G in my town of 800,000+ Columbus Ohio btw, the only thing I got on sprint is my Samsung Galaxy tab 3......

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, Verizon still hasnt got the KK update yet either so we arent dead last YET.  But regardless....it's ridiculous its taken this long when AT&T updated to KK at the end of Feb.....

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat