cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

knock on

Journeyman

knock on

Ok tell me why knock on would just quit working for no reason knock off works fine portfolio case close lid open lid screen comes right on so that works i did notice with the charger plugged in i can see the charging light dim but screen wont come on so i cleaned my screen washed my hands and it worked for a couple of times but quit again any help

35 REPLIES 35
Journeyman

Re: knock on

Just do a factory reset

Journeyman

Was going to try that next but after letting it sit for about an hour it started working just fine so im thinking it just overheated and throttled back will see how it does today

Master

CORBETT50,

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

*John R.
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Still stops working its due to the temperature when knock on stops i disconnect from charger hold it up to an a/c vent to cool it off then all is ok my guess is the g2 can't handle the amount of use it has to endure with my amount of use wish they would have made it twice as thick for more cooling and no i don't use it to watch movies but i do read allot

Journeyman

I had the exact same issue. I've had my G2 since January 3 and everything worked fine out of the box. About 4 weeks ago, knock on stopped working but only when the phone was warm. Knock off and all other features worked fine. Knock on would begin working right away as long as I cooled the phone down. Unfortunately this progressed to knock on not working at all. I use knock on too much to let this go so I sent the phone in for a warranty repair last week. I'll have the phone back Tuesday and update you on it.

Master

CORBETT50, this is not good. Have you tried taking it to a service and repair store? Let us know. *Sarah W Social Care
Journeyman

Yes let me know if that fixes it my thinking was that since there was reports of slow knock on and this had been addressed in the 4.4.2 that i'd wait and see if the new software would fix the issue but looks unlikely that we are getting the update any time soon

Journeyman

My knock on quit working on Sunday, I took it into a sprint store, told them what happened, and they said they were out of stock but they'd order me one. Didn't even want to handle our test out, just asked me to show them double tap didn't work.

Journeyman

Kitkat may fix it

Highlighted
Journeyman

Kitkat did not fix my knock on, I'll have to wait for my new phone to arrive

Master

WEBMASTERB,

I'm so sorry to hear of the issues you have been having with the Knock on feature. I assume that you are waiting on a replacement device, due to your previous post. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns with the new device.

Regards,

Duane

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat