cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

knock on

Journeyman

Re: knock on

Yep same here kk didn't fix my knock knock either but im also having data roaming issues even loosening data when not roaming which i was hoping kk would fix as well and now loosening gps which is a must have finally got feed up called customer service who told me i must have got a lemon. Doing a Google search shows there sure are a lot of lemons out there had two HTC 's on my account and neither have caused problems was just slow but hey one was 2 years old the other was 3 years and here is this one that's only 2 month's old and just seems to be crap

Journeyman

Yeah, my Knock On stopped working on Sunday as well! Like right after the lastest Sprint ID pack was pushed to my phone... the Knock Off works fine, so I assume the proximity sensor is still working.

Master

theBigCat,

Thank you for the post. We understand your frustration. How is everything working out for you? Let us know. We are on the case.

Social Care,
Lamar
Journeyman

I just received my G2 back from LG repairs yesterday. The only documented work was "out dated software, performed software update" and no this had nothing to do with KK. I was on 4.2 when I shipped it and it came back with 4.2. Although I did just update to KK. Anyhow, the knock on works flawlessly again so I'm happy.

Master

CORBETT50  I came up with a few ideas to try.  First for Knock On, have you tried recalibrating the proximity sensor?  Give it a shot and let us know: Settings > General > Gestures and try Motion Sensor Calibration.  For rebooting, if a reboot's not helping with the overheating issue, you can try a factory reset. I agree, I always like to reserve that as a last step but it may help to clear out whatever old stuff is running in the system, or final final solution: visit the store to see if it can be replaced.  Last but not least, I did a search for the GPS issue and found a third party app which allows you to reset the A-GPS data on the phone, which might help as well.  Keeping in mind, it's not Sprint software so I can't guarantee a fix, you might try installing GPS Status and Toolbox.

Let us know if any of these ideas help with your problems.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

Skeptic25,

Thank you for the post. We are happy that everything is working well for you. Let us know if anything changes. Have a great day.

Social Care,
Lamar
Journeyman

I'm doing the KK update right now.....sure takes a long time and the phone is HOT HOT HOT with the bar showing it's about 2/3 through the udate. I will be curious to see if the Knock on works with it this hot.

Journeyman

well.....it looks like everything is working even though the phone is still quite hot. Anyway, so far, so good. Knock on works like it always has

Master

LANCAIRguy,

We're glad to hear that your issues have subsided. Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

-Julian
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Been there done that been using gps toolbox from play store for around two years the problem is if i do get a gps lock it will keep popping up saying gps lost i need it to work 100% was in a roaming area again today needed data for maps again no data knock on still don't work went by a Sprint store today that was about as useless as tits on a bore hog kept telling me he wasn't from this market i don't really care what market he's from i just needed a phone with data that work's this is causing me to loose to many hours of work im self employed and use it for work i have never left a review of anything but im about to leave one for this phone LG needs to own up for making a phone that is unpredictable in it's function and offer some type of compensation for selling g2,s im gonna wait till the weekend and if this can't be resolved I'll just pay the etf and go elsewhere after 10 years any one need a phone it's only 2 month's knock on don't work gps will may work and may not the data may work and maybe not guess you cold use it as a paper weight

Master

CORBETT50, I can understand how frustrating this must be. We want you to be able to use your device as well! Let us know how it goes at the store. We want to make sure this gets taken care of. Keep us posted!
*Sarah W Social Care
Journeyman

I've tried recalibrating as well as turning the knock on feature on and off and rebooting the phone and still nothing.  Knock off works perfectly every time, knock on stopped working two days ago and hasn't worked a single time since.  I have not gotten a KitKat update yet, is it normal that it takes this long?  Other people got theirs on the 30th and it's now April 3rd and I still haven't gotten it.

How do you do a factory reset?  I saw some instructions but they don't seem to be working it said with the handset off (does that mean sleep or powered off?  I tried it both wasy)  hold down the volumn down button and then press the power button until the Back, Home, Menu keys light up....I can't get past that step.  When I try it with the phone totally off nothing happens when I hold down volumn down, so after a few seconds I hold down power and then the pink LG logo pops up and the phone boots up.  If I try it in sleep mode the camera turns on when I hold in volumn down.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat