cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update spark

Journeyman

Re: update spark

If you go to the Android Central forum:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint/291874-official-sprint-tri-band-lte-phone-discussion-thread-...

You will get a better response from the members there.  According to one member, the Spark OTA update could happen as soon as tomorrow 01/24/2014 - This again is just a rumor!  So we'll wait and see.  There are members on that forum who are able to utilize the Spark Network that can validate 50Mbps Download speeds in the LA area - Nexus 5/ HTC One Max.

Journeyman

Well as usual, @sprintcare does not have anything to say about this. They hate being so damn wrong. They don't know info about their own sucky company. Thats a shame actually. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt but as usual and with repeated disappointment, they have always NOT cared about the customers one bit!

Journeyman

To give you a bit more transparency into what 'latinoboitx' is talking about:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11/15/sprint-sparks-lte-ui-enhancement-is-a-constantly-spinning-st...

PLEASE NOTE:  These news were dated from November 2013 and may not reflect any changes since then or if the described will actually be implemented in the update which is from what I'm hearing today occur some time in Q1 2014.  Also, I believe that the spinning Spark indicator would be too much of a distraction.

Journeyman

I know theres not an update to activate the spark network! You totally did NOT understand what im talking about. Does sprint even let their employees know Whats going on.

Read the 8th paragraph and then get back to me when you can understand what it is that im speaking of.....

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-adds-six-markets-to-initial-spark-launch-mobile-peak-speeds-up-to-60-mbps-now-available-in-11-markets.htm

Master

latinoboitx,

Hi there. There should not be an update to activate the Spark network. You can check for software updates by going into Menu-Settings-System updates and check for them. Do you see LTE services on your phone? This should be a big indicator of the services in your area.

*Andi R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hi Giovanni,

You haven't actually answered the original question, one that many people are waiting for an answer to. Now that Sprint Spark is available when will LG G2 owners be able to use it? Right now the phone is being sold, falsely, as a Sprint Spark compatible phone, however this is not the case as it can not currently connect to the network. The area I live apparently has one of the best Sprint Spark coverages, however my G2 can not use it until you release an update fixing the phone??

Could you give all LG G2 users an actual date when their phones will work the way you advertise them?

Thanks

A somewhat disappointed customer.

Journeyman

Now that Sprint Spark is launched here in Houston Texas, when will we get the update to activate it to our lg g2

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you have experience with the Sprint mobile sync app? The app will not work on my LG G2.

Journeyman

I have the new LG G2 and would like to know when the Spark update will be released for my phone? Do I have to have the update for my phone to access Spark?

Journeyman

Just wondering now that Sprint expanded Sprint Spark in Austin,Tx will Sprint send update to LG G2's so that we can benefit from this new Sprint Spark Network?