cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi calling

Journeyman

wifi calling

Will the LG G2 get voice over wifi like s4 mini and mega? I don't plan on investing on another new phone since Sprint does not have so good on service in the Bay Area... If this phone is getting wifi calling I will stay

28 REPLIES 28
Master

Re: wifi calling

tommylampooncommunity,

That is a great question! Wi-Fi calling is available on all of our Tri band devices. This would include the LG G2, Tri Band GS4, GS4 Mini, Galaxy Mega, Nexus 5, HTC One Max, and the LG G Flex.

I'm troubled to hear of the service issues you've been experiencing in the Bay area. Are you only having issues with voice? Send me your zip codes and cross streets. This will allow me to pinpoint the network and its performance in your area.

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

how do i activate wifi calling on my lg g2?

Master

973slim,

Thanks for posting.

- On the phone, select Settings.
- From Wi-Fi Calling, slide to On.

- Wi-Fi calling does not display: The phone does not have the Wi-Fi calling feature at this time.

Thank you,

George M.
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

yea my lg g2 doest display wifi calling.. not too big a deal for me tho maybe in the future thanx!

Wizard

that's b/c the info was wrong.

Wizard

you can wifi call a diff way though. this is what i do:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/152702

Wizard

Then why did another SprintCare rep say it did! It seems like every rep has a different answer!

Master

Katt50

Sorry for the confusion. There are steps to set up Wi-Fi calling from the phone or sprint.com/manage to activate the service. However, if Wi-Fi calling does not display, the phone does not have the Wi-Fi calling feature at this time.

Patrick N.
Social Care Team
Wizard

I enjoy wifi calling on any phone model I use.

Journeyman

When do we expect wifi calling? Hopefully soon because I might have to switch carriers for lack of service....

Master

tommylampooncommunity,

Wi-Fi calling is a feature of the device that you use. There are limited devices on the network that can use that can use this feature at this time. Please visit Sprint.com/shop for a list of the phones we carry that can use Wi-Fi calling.

Sean L
Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat