cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't move apps to SD card

Journeyman

Can't move apps to SD card

I just bought a 32 GB SD card for my LG G3 Vigor.  But I can only move about 8 apps to the card; none of the others is available to move. I've chatted online with a technician.  She had me clear caches and data, and I've also turned the phone off and on (including with taking out the battery), and I've removed and replaced the SD card.  The extra memory doesn't do me much good if I can only move a few apps to it, and I'm very short on memory on my phone.

(I tried calling Sprint customer care, but that was a waste of time because it cut me off because I was calling on the phone that I need help on, and I don't have another phone.)

Thanks!

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

Re: Can't move apps to SD card

a lot will depend on the developer of the app as well as google to make the apps able to be moved or not. which apps are you having issues with? stuff downloaded from the play store or apps that came with the phone already?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Both.  For example, I could move Facebook and Yelp, but I can't move Fandango or Goldstar.  Out of all my apps, I could move 8 of them.  At least one was a Sprint app that came with the phone.

GrandMaster

if anything disable the ones you wont ever use so they wont take up much space. usually the built in apps you cant move. did you get any OS updates recently on the phone? not including any security updates? i still think it might end up being a developer deal.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No updates that I'm aware of. And I've disabled everything I can, and I've moved everything possible to the SD card (pictures, the few apps I can move), and I've uninstalled every app I don't use regularly--and I'm still getting messages every day or so that I'm running out of memory. 

My best solution might be to get a new phone--but NOT FROM SPRINT.

GrandMaster

i doubt its a limitation sprint pushed. this would be more on the OEM or even google for that matter.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat