cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 transfer data

Go to solution
Journeyman

LG V20 transfer data

Just received my LG V20 and I am having difficulty trying to transfer data. I tried during initial setup and got 1 contact transfered and that was all. Any easy way to transfer from a Samsung Note 7 ?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
GrandMaster

Re: LG V20 transfer data

were all your contacts from the Note7 saved to the phone itself or to Google? you might need to reload it to see if they will transfer over if they were saved to Google originally. hopefully you wont have to do a factory reset to pull this off but then again even though its a new phone its not exactly a bad idea either.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi Journeyman,

If it helps, I use LG Backup to transfer contents from other phones to my LG devices.  In the Play Store, there is an App called LG Backup Sender ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lge.mobilemigration&hl=en ) that you can install on the device you want to transfer content from.  

I hope this help!

-- I'm a Sprint employee, but my opinions are my own.

Master

I had the same issue.
I went under my Samsung device's contact and in the settings (3dots on top Right) you should have an option to export Contacts to drive or SD card.
Once you are done with that, just download it (if you saved in Drive) or open it from the SD card in the new phone and you are done.
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat