cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One month in – the LG G3 Vigor

Sprint Product Ambassador

It’s been a month using the LG G3 Vigor, and I continue to discover new features and facets of this phone that fascinate me.  For example, the quickly switchable brightness setting is extremely useful – moreso than an ambient light sensor.  You can tap a top menu button to cycle through half, full, user selectable and zero brightness.  The ‘zero’ level is one of my favorite features; I often use the phone outside at night and at ‘zero’ brightness, it’s just right for reading, surfing or causal games without blinding you.  Go inside and you can easily tap to reset to 50%. 

Audio level settings are right at your fingertips too – touch the volume rocker and whatever source you’re using – phone, notifications, media, etc. changes volume.  But if you want to fine tune different sources you can tap the gears and bring up sliders for all audio sources without digging into menus and system settings.  Bluetooth sound is better than I’ve heard from any device prior, and connected to the Moto Buds headset, I get sound that rivals my ‘high end’ Grado and Sennheiser headphones, without the bulk and wires.

The camera quality continues to deliver – while it doesn’t offer some of the fast motion capture high end devices do, for any other type of photography it’s great.  I’ve used it for several volunteer public relations events with Scouting, as well as family and work photos.  Video records well even at full HD without any stuttering, buffering or distortion.  The built in editor and filters are a nice touch too – no need for a third party app to crop, color correct or make your photos nostalgic.

Data speeds and hotspot on the phone are also impressive.  Driven by LTE Release 10 Advanced (Sprint Spark), I’ve seen downloads over 30MB/sec and been able to use the hotspot to stream hours of a major sporting event this fall on my laptop.  Voice quality with the WiFi calling and HD Voice is better than I’ve heard from a cell phone ever, and call connections are rock solid, even in areas that previously I would drop a call and have to reconnect.  The radios and antennas are simply amazing in the Vigor. The new radios must be part of the impressive battery life too – I routinely get 20+ hours out of a charge, and even under heavy data use (streaming the ballgame last month) the battery held up. We streamed high speed data for over 3 hours, and only used 15% of the battery! 

The LG Vigor has shown it has the ‘vigor’ to be a daily use phone for casual to mobile professional use. I can’t see spending more unless you want a bigger screen or a high end feature or app offered by another phone. 

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

2 Comments