cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Introducing Myself to the LG G3 Vigor (from G2)

Sprint Product Ambassador

Introducing Myself to the LG G3 Vigor (from G2)

So, skipping over a generation of G series phones (since my G2).  I am absolutely delighted to see that many of the great features offered in the G3 and G Flex have transcended to this modestly priced yet still super functional offering.   It’s all too easy to look at raw data and say “Mine’s Faster” but I think LG users would be very pressed to say this phone is not a swift little device with a crisp, clean screen and all the muscle needed run your everyday applications with ease.  Things I love right out of the box was a smooth straight forward setup.  I like that this phone now sports a “Contact (Alternate Number) if you find this” banner right on the locked home screen (giving a little extra motivation to return lost devices to their owners).   The “Knock On” feature is back (two taps to wake up) and also adds a special “Knock Code” (A Series of Spots that need to be tapped to unlock the device) option, just in case you wanted another secure way to lock your phone (when not in use).   However, I’m still a fan of the numeric code lock, which is ideal for setting up LG’s special “Guest Mode” that I use when sharing the device with other users (as it hides and secures some apps while allowing others to run).  I also think it’s great the LG G3 Vigor has support for WiFi calling. I’ve had the device for a few days and I’ve actually had to use it a few times already.  My experience found the voice quality to be clear and reliable.  I like not needing to rely on a Sprint Air Rave and have the freedom to utilize in any hotspot for voice calls.  Another thing I was very happy with the G3 Vigor was labeled responses within a group text message.   On my LG G2, I used to get put on group text messages but never could tell who was talking.  I now immediately noticed that the Vigor sports a more detailed text interface and now tags responses with names to match how was talking (Also seen in the G3).  At this early introduction, I very eager to continue to pushing the LG G3 Vigor to the limit.  So far all my apps work great and I’ll have more on that in a future blog.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Ambassador Team

LGG3_Vigor_01.jpg

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.