Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: My favorite LG G3 Vigor Apps: Quick Memo+ and Quick Remote

Journeyman

So coming from the Samsung Note 3 I was a little worried about losing some of the things I had grown very fond of over the past year, Quick Memo with the S Pen and the IR Blaster.

Then I soon found that the LG G3 Vigor actually came with its own versions of these features...Quick Memo+ and it's own IR Blaster (default remote app Quick Remote). So let's quickly review these two:

Quick Memo+

Pros:

• You can quickly access the app via the notification bar, or by pressing and holding down and then swiping up on the bottom of your screen. The app launches with a captured screen shoot that enables you to "Screen Write"
    • You can change from the screen shoot to a blank canvas by altering your "Paper Style" from the menu
    • Once you are taking memos you have 4 different "Brush" options, with custom color options and 60 thickness settings (well over 240 combinations!!!!) - plus you can alter the transparency level
    • You can use your finger for handwriting or you can type your memos

Cons:

• You have to purchase an additional accessory in order to write your memos sans finger
    • By default you write over a screen shoot...great for recipes and grocery shopping (my number one use)...but not so fun for simple notes and memo taking

Overall:

• Very good and capable replacement to Samsung's Note 3 version...There is no reason why I would prefer one of the other, as they both do what I need done in a very quick effective way. LG may actually get the win due to the fact that I can launch it quicker.

Quick Remote

Pros:

• You can launch via notifications bar...it will also "Dock" there...meaning whenever you swipe down on your notifications bar, its there ready to go.
    • Super quick and easy TV, BluRay, CableBox and etc. setup. Took me all of 2 minutes!
    • Even more accessible when the widget is added to the lock screen.
    • Very simple and elegant in design and no apps, it is a stock LG app, unlike the WatchOn app supplied by Samsung (which kills me with adds)
    • Literally, for me, this app/feature is PERFECT!

Cons:

• None...seriously none.

Overall:

• LG's default remote app performs better and less intrusively than the 3rd party app Samsung went with, and it does so by miles! If you really want to unleash your IR Blaster try IR Universal Remote - IR 2.0 in the Google Play Store.

So I am a little over two weeks into using my new LG G3 Vigor, and with each day that passes I am more impressed with both LG and this device!

Next time I will discuss the multitasking and QSlide features.

Thanks for reading!

PRODUCT AMBASSADOR DISCLAIMER

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

1 Comment