cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Parting words for the LG Vigor

Sprint Product Ambassador

As I wrap up my time with the LG Vigor I reflect on my experiences with this purple little beast.  Entering this engagement I didn't expect the world from the Vigor because by design it isn't meant to blow your doors off with top of the line specs.  The LG G3 being the bigger brother of LG's portfolio wears the tech spec crown so being one that has an affinity for the bleeding edge I anticipated that the Vigor would be adequate but nothing outstanding.  What I found after 5 weeks with the device was LG either knows how to knock it out of the park in terms execute a mid tier device or they over engineered intentionally to be the benchmark of the segment.  Either way the consumer is the winner and I would be hard pressed to recommend another device that affords as good of an experience for the user.  Here are a few thoughts on what I appreciated about the device:

The Main Attractions:

The Product Ambassador team has done a great job of writing numerous blog posts explaining in detail the finer points.  Here I'll simply provide my opinions on the features that I enjoyed the most and spare you the spec details, incentive to catch a few of the other posts.

Design-  all the design queues that make the G3 great appear on the Vigor; ergonomic design, rear button placement, quality materials/construction techniques, and lightweight.

Display-  sharp resolution characteristics, great color representation, good viewing angles

Gestures-  knock awake, knock code, quick memo, Q slide, all of those LG tricks on the G3 are found here as well

Battery life-  moderate use for email, calendar, web browsing, calls, and text will yield a full days worth of juice.

The Right Fit:

With all that said is this device for everyone?  No, those of you that gravitate toward the absolute latest and greatest will still want the flagship devices on the market.   This device makes perfect sense for the rest of the market that wants a phone that works, in this case extremely well.  Newcomers to Android or those that have been holding on to a device a couple of years or older  would like to maximize the value of your next purchase seriously consider the Vigor.   The specs will afford a premium experience at a reduced cost, a simple and great equation for value.

I hope you have found this and all the other Product Ambassador posts for this device helpful not only to make potential purchase decisions but get the most out of your device post purchase.  If you have any questions as always feel free to comment below.

Until Next Time-

Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

2 Comments