cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: UltraViolet and the LG G3 Vigor

Sprint Product Ambassador

UltraViolet and the LG G3 Vigor:

Ok, I won’t brag but my UltraViolet collection is pretty impressive.  I still buy physical media (mostly Blu-Ray Discs) and lately an added perk of doing so, is that most titles now include a FREE Ultraviolet (digital) copy of the film that can be accessed from phones, games systems and other devices.

So what about the LG G3 Vigor?

I’m delighted to say this little modestly-priced powerhouse does a good job and sports all the novelty of having a little TV, watching exactly what I want to watch, when I want to watch it.  Not to mention, super clean streaming, in High Definition across a lightning-fast Sprint Spark connection.

To get started accessing your UltraViolet collection, is just as easy as downloading one of two apps for your phone (VuDu or Flixster) and *poof* you now have your movie collection right in your pocket, ready to bring up at your command.

Now I want to be clear, I love BOTH apps.  I use them both to access my UltraViolet collection as well as that added perks that each apps have.  In all honesty, they both work pretty well on the LG G3 Vigor.  However, I’m especially WOW’ed by the combo of Flixster, Sprint Spark (tested at 17.74 Mbps at the time of watching) and the LG G3 Vigor.

Finally! We have some crystal-clear HD steaming over cellular and on a phone that is easily within everyone’s reach.  I know what you are asking.  Is watching HD on a 5” screen really that critical? Some may say no, but for me it’s a breath of fresh air, especially for subtitles.  I like many foreign films and own an  extensive collection of Godzilla flicks (Not all are dubbed in English).  SD subtitles can be fairly grainy.  The words have rough edges and little hard to keep looking at, but this little HD bump makes me happy to watch foreign films (without getting frustrated).

Beyond that, the IPS display of the LG G3 Vigor is overall a comfortable watch.  Good at many viewing angles, forgiving in sunlight and an overall good experience.  I think the only downfall is a lack of a kickstand.  But honestly, it’s never been a deal breaker for me.  Many cases have integrated kick stands offer and I generally favor my elago M2 Mobile Stand with practically every phone I own.

Anyways, for someone needing a video streaming phone on a budget, the LG G3 Vigor is “Just Add Popcorn”

LGG3_Vigor2.jpg

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.