cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Phone software is broken.

Journeyman

This Phone software is broken.

Everything works great. Kind of threw me off until I looked into how to turn on the mobile hotspot option. THERE IS NONE.

Not under settings>more> either. It seems as if it should be here but it isn't. That's the whole reason I bought this phone. Looks like I need to return it. Another 340 mile trip from my home to Albuquerque and back. This is stupid.

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: This Phone software is broken.

Do you have Sprint Zone on the phone? 

Looking at my test unit, I don't have Sprint Zone or Sprint Hotspot either.

Seems like the provisioning that pushes the Sprint apps out didn't succeed on mine or yours.

I've read it can be fixed by a ##787# reset, but that wipes the phone, and I don't know the details.

Will - Launch Product Ambassador for the Vigor.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Master

Empty6842p

Hi there! Were you able to send the private message so we can check your account?

George
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have same problem. No sprint zone or hotspot and no one can help me! Ive reset in every way possible.

Master

Hello bkd1960,

What type of device do you have? Can you download the app from the play store or if it is a IPhone then get it from the Apple store? Did we add the mobile hotspot onto your Sprint account?

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ok guys...and girls...

What i have come to understand is the burgundy model is flawed. For one, it does not have any pre-installed apps like NASCAR or the NBA app. Messaging+, ebay, and all the Sprint apps are gone.

Under network...where it should say "Sprint" it only says LG. In addition to the hotspot option being absent, i imagine the burgundy model might have been released prior to receiving full programming from Sprint.

This means you can use it because the radios work but any special software especially for Sprint is missing. Go back to the store and get a silver one or ask them to get the hotspot option on screen before you take it.

Resetting data, power cycling, master reset, ##SCRTN# ALL that junk don't work. It's on the software level.

Eli

Had to drive ANOTHER 240 miles to get the silver one.

Don't give up though. It's an awesome phone.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Got mine sorted.

Took it to the store, the rep reset it 9 times.  No go.

The programming is out there, but the provisioning just isn't picking up the Sprint software load.  Not sure why.  But I did finally get it loaded!  How?

I was reconfiguring the phone and turned on WiFi Calling.  This apparently requires another call to the provisioning servers to set up something on the switch level.  Well, this time the phone found the Sprint software load and got all the screens, apps and logos loaded!

Unfortunately, it reset the home-screen layouts (again) but that was an easy fix.

Nice touch - all the pre-loaded Sprint software (apps, games, demos etc) are just tiny pointers to install the full package from the Google Play store, so it doesn't use up your memory on the phone!  They're also easy to remove if you don't need the game package or NBA app etc.

So - if you still don't have the Sprint software load on your LG G3 Vigor, try enabling WiFi Calling.  It may work!

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat