cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 Vigor

2 Comments

As I wrap up my time with the LG Vigor I reflect on my experiences with this purple little beast.  Entering this engagement I didn't expect the world from the Vigor because by design it isn't meant to blow your doors off with top of the line specs.  The LG G3 being the bigger brother of LG's portfolio wears the tech spec crown so being one that has an affinity for the bleeding edge I anticipated that the Vigor would be adequate but nothing outstanding.  What I found after 5 weeks with the device was LG either knows how to knock it out of the park in terms execute a mid tier device or they over engineered intentionally to be the benchmark of the segment.  Either way the consumer is the winner and I would be hard pressed to recommend another device that affords as good of an experience for the user.  Here are a few thoughts on what I appreciated about the device:

The Main Attractions:

The Product Ambassador team has done a great job of writing numerous blog posts explaining in detail the finer points.  Here I'll simply provide my opinions on the features that I enjoyed the most and spare you the spec details, incentive to catch a few of the other posts.

Design-  all the design queues that make the G3 great appear on the Vigor; ergonomic design, rear button placement, quality materials/construction techniques, and lightweight.

Display-  sharp resolution characteristics, great color representation, good viewing angles

Gestures-  knock awake, knock code, quick memo, Q slide, all of those LG tricks on the G3 are found here as well

Battery life-  moderate use for email, calendar, web browsing, calls, and text will yield a full days worth of juice.

The Right Fit:

With all that said is this device for everyone?  No, those of you that gravitate toward the absolute latest and greatest will still want the flagship devices on the market.   This device makes perfect sense for the rest of the market that wants a phone that works, in this case extremely well.  Newcomers to Android or those that have been holding on to a device a couple of years or older  would like to maximize the value of your next purchase seriously consider the Vigor.   The specs will afford a premium experience at a reduced cost, a simple and great equation for value.

I hope you have found this and all the other Product Ambassador posts for this device helpful not only to make potential purchase decisions but get the most out of your device post purchase.  If you have any questions as always feel free to comment below.

Until Next Time-

Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

2 Comments

It’s been a month using the LG G3 Vigor, and I continue to discover new features and facets of this phone that fascinate me.  For example, the quickly switchable brightness setting is extremely useful – moreso than an ambient light sensor.  You can tap a top menu button to cycle through half, full, user selectable and zero brightness.  The ‘zero’ level is one of my favorite features; I often use the phone outside at night and at ‘zero’ brightness, it’s just right for reading, surfing or causal games without blinding you.  Go inside and you can easily tap to reset to 50%. 

Audio level settings are right at your fingertips too – touch the volume rocker and whatever source you’re using – phone, notifications, media, etc. changes volume.  But if you want to fine tune different sources you can tap the gears and bring up sliders for all audio sources without digging into menus and system settings.  Bluetooth sound is better than I’ve heard from any device prior, and connected to the Moto Buds headset, I get sound that rivals my ‘high end’ Grado and Sennheiser headphones, without the bulk and wires.

The camera quality continues to deliver – while it doesn’t offer some of the fast motion capture high end devices do, for any other type of photography it’s great.  I’ve used it for several volunteer public relations events with Scouting, as well as family and work photos.  Video records well even at full HD without any stuttering, buffering or distortion.  The built in editor and filters are a nice touch too – no need for a third party app to crop, color correct or make your photos nostalgic.

Data speeds and hotspot on the phone are also impressive.  Driven by LTE Release 10 Advanced (Sprint Spark), I’ve seen downloads over 30MB/sec and been able to use the hotspot to stream hours of a major sporting event this fall on my laptop.  Voice quality with the WiFi calling and HD Voice is better than I’ve heard from a cell phone ever, and call connections are rock solid, even in areas that previously I would drop a call and have to reconnect.  The radios and antennas are simply amazing in the Vigor. The new radios must be part of the impressive battery life too – I routinely get 20+ hours out of a charge, and even under heavy data use (streaming the ballgame last month) the battery held up. We streamed high speed data for over 3 hours, and only used 15% of the battery! 

The LG Vigor has shown it has the ‘vigor’ to be a daily use phone for casual to mobile professional use. I can’t see spending more unless you want a bigger screen or a high end feature or app offered by another phone. 

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

medium04.jpgThe LG G3 Vigor is a very impressive mid-range device,  By far my favorite feature is the 5' HD IPS screen it looks amazing, on top of the amazing screen the tap tap feature to turn the phone on is also a great feature.  This phone is the best mid-range smart phone I have used.  The hardware and the software are great,  I have used all of the phones on  LG G line the Optimus G, G2 and G3, and this phone can hang with all of them.  If your in the market for a smartphone that can compete with the premium devices and feel and look premium the LG G3 Vigor is a great phone. I would recommend the phone to anyone you wont be disappointed.

Thanks for reading

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

A mid range phone that isnt one, with a price point of 29.99 on contract to boot. This phone is for you who are looking for a quality device at a good price. For those who do not need suped up devices like G3 or Galaxy S5 but just need something that works, then this is for you. For those parents who want to buy something for their kids while not breaking the bank, this is for you. For those wanting a removable battery (something that is increasingly less frequent) then this phone is for you.

lg_g3_vigor_hero1.png

The average person is someone who needs something to work, they are looking to root the phone or use it for hardcore gaming. Though I am able to play my old favorite NES, SNES, Sega Genesis games via various emulators.

Thanks

Stanny George

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

medium04.jpg

Having used the LG G3 Vigor for four weeks now I feel like I finally passed the honey moon phase of getting a new device. I believe this device is targeted to someone that is just getting into the smartphone market or looking for a great deal. With this phone being free on a new contract it is really hard to beat that price. You are basically getting a mini G3 with lower hardware specifications. Right out of the box it feels very small because of how thin the frame is. The great design of the phone even though the phone feels small it has a five inch display. The phone is almost all screen and that’s how it should be. I was really impressed with LG’s laser focus camera software and just how fast the camera focused on the object I was pointing at. The screen is a IPS 720p display and didn’t looked pixelated at all with the five inch screen. Viewing angles were great and the screen was bright enough to be able to use the phone in the sunshine. It is a nice change having a manageable size phone that you really don’t feel in your pocket because of how thin and light it is. Having a removable battery is always a benefit and it’s nice to know I can replace it with a new one if battery life seems to falter. Even though I was getting on average twenty hours of normal use every day. With the included IR blaster it was great allowing me to control my entertainment system with my phone when the remotes were not insight. This phone will not win in the hardware race but as so many phones in the past have shown it’s not about specs it’s about the experience. My experience has been nothing but positive the entire time, sure it’s not as fast as the LG G3 but that’s to be expected. I would say at most it would be a half a second longer to open certain apps between the two. I never found myself frustrated with the speed of the device. Having said that this phone is much cheaper and a great deal if you’re in the market.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Capture.PNG

LG has a piece of software that really automates cleaning your file system. Smart cleaning from LG is not an app but a built in system app that can help keep your storage free when you need it the most. The Vigor comes with sixteen gigabytes or storage but that doesn't go as far as it used to with the increase of app size and all the photos we take with our phone. You can easily get around the storage limit with an SD card to maximize your storage. The beauty of LG smart cleaning will let you schedule times when the phone will scan for empty folders and files that have not been used in a long time. Of course you can customize it to your liking so files that you want will never be touched. The big space saver is clearing your cache from time to time, the system and installed apps accumulate huge amounts of cache that don’t need to stay on your phone forever. Smart cleaning is available on the G3 as well as the Vigor. I have my phone set to clean the file system once a month to keep things tidy.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

So this past month I have had the privilege of enjoying my first LG experience. I plan on using the G3 Vigor for quite some time moving forward, as it is set up to my liking and my wife has stolen my Note 3.

But in all honesty I want to use it for the foreseeable future for one major reason...It gets better service signal than any other device I have used. This past weekend marked the beginning of the hunting season here in central TX. Every year I am forced to turn my mobile network off on my device, so that my battery does not drain while searching for a signal it never finds...On Saturday I noticed I not only had a signal but I had a strong LTE signal...I was shocked, and I was able to watch college football on my device while I hunted!!! Good stuff!!!! So on Sunday I took the Note 3 out there also to see if it was the Vigor or the network that deserved the praise...The Note3 didn't have anything but a weak roaming signal...battery drained within 2.5-3 hours.....LG G3 Vigor for the win!

So although the storage limitations and the camera downgrades keep this from being a perfect device in my opinion, the signal strength on this bad boy makes this a more desirable option for me currently.

Sprint Spark doesn't hurt either, as it truly speeds up and optimizes my mobile browsing/streaming experience.

Has anyone else seen a similar increase in network strength compared to another device? Please share in the comments!

I will leave you all with a few pics taken with the device on Halloween, mainly to show of my adorably handsome boys! We all went as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

Thanks and enjoy!!!

https://sprintspace.corp.sprint.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/38-10411-77108/H1.pnghttps://sprintspace.corp.sprint.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/38-10411-77114/H2.pnghttps://sprintspace.corp.sprint.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/38-10411-77109/H3.png

H2.pngH3.pngH1.png

PRODUCT AMBASSADOR DISCLAIMER

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Battery Life with the LG G3 Vigor:

So, one thing that matters to me with any phone I own, is battery life.  Especially in an age where phones are nervously accessed multiple times throughout the day, (and sometimes without making a single phone call) there’s nothing more frustrating than having zero battery when it matters. 

Thus, I’m pretty happy to say the LG G3 Vigor has yet to leave me stranded. 

Like most people, I try to look at numbers rather than stats.  To me a bigger battery gets you more life and if I have the option between a 2540mAh and a 3000mAh battery, I’m certainly going with the higher number but (at least) in the Vigor’s case that doesn't seem to matter much.

I’ll be honest, I’m wasteful with batteries.  I leave my WiFi on when there is no WiFi, Bluetooth is ALWAYS enabled, my screen brightness is set for visibility and I nervously, check over a dozen trivial things throughout the day.  On my LG G2 (3000mAh), I used to go about 9 hours till DEAD (if not on a charger during my normal usage).  Right out of the gate the LG G3 Vigor takes me a little further.  In fact maybe a good couple hours further (which is nice). 

The specs claim about 17 Hours talk time (LG G2) vs. 23 Hours talk time (LG G3 Vigor) and I’d think that to be pretty accurate.  Again, I’m very pleased by the endurance the Vigor battery displays.  Makes me wonder if all the extra CPU power is truly necessary sometimes.  At least in my case, I’m getting all the performance I need and added battery life, making the Vigor a clear choice for me.

Again, hat’s off to LG for making a phone with big features and performance with sleek, affordable price point.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

LGG3_Vigor.jpg

0 Comments

medium04.jpg

I have been using the G3 vigor for over a month now, I also had its big brother the G3. Both are great phones with lots of specs but obviously this is a mid-range phone so it cannot compete against the G3.  But it is still a great phone and for someone who isn't in need of a top of the line device this is a perfect fit, it has an amazing screen and still has a lot of power, The benchmark doesn't show it but the phone can compete.  Below are the specs on the 2 phones and the hardware benchmarks.

The LG G3 Vigor specs are below

Processor - 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8926 quad-core

Memory - 8 GB internal storage, raw hardware

3.7 GB internal storage, available to user

1 GB RAM

The LG G3 specs are below

Processor - 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core

Memory - 32 GB internal storage, raw hardware

24 GB internal storage, available to user

3 GB RAM

So the LG G3 Vigor scored 8319 and the LG G3 scored 22985 on the benchmark

Screenshot_2014-10-30-13-59-50.pnglgg3.png

Thanks for reading have a good day!

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Lock screens have become more than just security features lately by allowing users to interact with multiple key functions and applications without ever unlocking the device.   For years I've been an avid promoter of Widgetlocker which is a fully customizable lock screen solution.  I still love and use Widgetlocker but as Android evolves OEMs are including flexibility in their lock screen set ups that provide some of the same benefits.  In this post I want to do a quick write up on the customization options that are available in the Vigor's stock lock screen with respect to the short cut icons.

Where?

short cuts.jpg

Getting to where the customization magic happens is just a few selections away.  Within settings select Lock screen then select short cuts a little more than half way down the options list.  The screen to the left will appear showing your current wall paper selection along with the stock app short cut icons along the bottom.  For the apps you want to change or remove simply tap on the icon and select the desired application or remove command from the list.  The settings gear icon circled and with arrow lets you know these are customizable settings.

The Before and After

Because I'm a creature of habit I will show you the before and after of my own lock screen so you can see a real life example of how the functionality works.   The first pic on the left is what you will experience in the stock set up, on the right are my own personalized selections. 

stock icons.jpgcustomized Icons.jpg

You are now a short cut aficionado so go customize your LG device to suit your own personal needs.   Read other Product Ambassador posts to get the most out of your device, education is a wonderful thing.

Until Next Time,

The Product Ambassador Team

0 Comments

So the biggest issue I have had with the LG G3 Vigor is the internal space. I have been spoiled with 16GB and 32GB interal space devices for a while now, and the LG G3 Vigor has 8GB, which leaves a little more than 4GB for use.

Now I'll admit I am a bit of a app horder, and due to my larger storage devices have never really cared to much to move apps to the SD card. However with the LG G3 Vigor I have to do this in order to maintain space for my additional app downloads!

Enter Smart Cleaning.....

Within the settings you can open this utility right up, and it will analyze your device and report back how much space is in use, how much is free and your overall percentage used.

This morning when I fired it up I was at 3.46 GB used, 486 MB free for 87% storage used. According to the utility I had 207 MB of potential space to gain if I were to "Smart Clean" both my Temporary files (201 MB) and my Downloaded folder (6.25 MB)

So I cleaned the Temp folder first...which cleared my Apps' cache (201 MB) and my Clip Tray - from copy and pasting - Temp files (285 KB)

Next I cleared my Download folder, within there it shows exactly what files there are...I had 4 downloads...The Amazon App store, a PDF Bill from my email and two pictures that had been emailed to me that I saved to my phone. I choose to keep the photos but deleted the APK and PDF file...

and viola!

I gained a little more than 200 MB or 5% of storage...

After more usage the utility will also let you know what apps you do not use and will uninstall those that are taking up space without any user usage to further aid in your cleaning efforts....

So how much space do you have available to gain?

BEFORE & AFTER

Before Pic.pngAfterPic.png

0 Comments

So, as you may have seen me mention earlier, I am a new mom to a bouncy 6 month old. Life is full of "Kodak moments" with a little one, and my primary camera is on my phone. My LG Vigor is with me all the time, after all. I know I'm like most parents in this regard.

And although I had a great experience with the LG G3 phone and its camera features, my experience with the LG Vigor has not been as stellar.

I've been searching for a "reason" why the pictures on the Vigor aren't great, and the only thing I can come up with is lighting scenarios. I imagine that professional photographers - or professional hobbiests! - will tell you that lighting is everything when taking pictures. Also, even with the "laser focus" feature, the Vigor takes blurry pictures - particularly in low-light situtations.

I also have an issue with the lack of "modes" on the Vigor camera. I'm used to many different modes on phone cameras now - like "Action," as an example - and I wonder if the inability to change the modes is also affecting the quality of pictures. However, there are many options in the Google Play store for picture apps that can enhance your photos. However - they can't make blurry photos UN-blurry.

So as a wrap-up, I want to say that the LG Vigor is a great "little" phone. I think it's a great size and very powerful - particuarly for its size and price. And I've tried out many of phones in the LG line-up in the last year, and they are making some GREAT phones. However, I would caution people who absolutely need a great camera on their phone that the LG Vigor is likely not the phone for them - based on my experience.

0 Comments

The ability to multitask is a huge need for me in my daily life. Android has made great strides in this area over the course of the past several years, and they continue to do so.

However multi windows on the screen have just recently begun to pop up, pun intended, thanks to several manufactures implementing this feature into their devices. LG calls this convenient tool QSlide.

QSlide on the LG G3 Vigor allows the user to have up to 2 additional pop up screens on top of the main screen. These pop up apps include the following native apps:

1. Video Player
  2. Phone
  3. Messaging app
  4. Calendar app
  5. Email
  6. File Manager
  7. Calculator
  8. Quick Memo
  9. Quick Remote

The main way I have used QSlide over the past month is with my grocery shopping. I will have my shopping list up on my main screen, with a pop up of the calculator so that I can keep track of our budget and costs as I'm shopping....but to take it a step further I use the Calendar to input our daily dinner schedule...I know it sounds crazy but we have a 10 yr old that plays baseball/football and is at a practice at least 4 nights a week and has either a football game or baseball tournament every weekend for 11 months out of the year. Plus we have a 1.5 yr old. To say that I have learned to be more organized over the past 2 years would be an understatement.

Here is a screen shot (Power button + Vol down) of my last grocery shopping adventure!

Screenshot_2014-10-28-10-02-15.png

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee. 

0 Comments

Android users have the opportunity to leverage some of the most customizable devices on the market, enjoying a personalized experience that suites their needs.  In this post I want to show you a little trick that LG employs in their Android overlay to give you additional flexibility with your home screen buttons, functionality I haven't seen mirrored on other Android based devices.  Device manufactures have been toying with home screen button configurations since the dawn of Android trying to decide if they are physical vs. virtual, how many their are, what functions are supported, and how are they positioned.  Most devices now leverage a 3 virtual button layout with the home, most recent apps, and back icons arranged in some fashion.  If you have ever wished that you could change that arrangement LG's solution might be just what the doctor ordered.  Lets take a look at what can be done:

The settings trail:

first screen.jpg

Finding the settings location where button customization is housed is pretty straight forward, after opening the settings screen simply select "Display" and look for the "Home touch buttons" option in the advanced settings section.  

2nd screen.png

Once the selection above is made the screen to the right will appear and this is where you can start modifying your experience.

Button Combination-    selection takes you to another screen where you can select and reconfigure home screen buttons, further explained below

Color-  Nice little touch of allowing you to select the background color for the buttons, four different black or white selections available.

Transparent background-  as the name suggests if this is checked the background for the home screens won't be colored and blend in with your home screen's wall paper.

Buttons Abound

Now to the functionality that makes LG unique.  Upon selecting the "Button combination" option above the following screen will appear:

customization screen.png

The screen is well laid out, instructive, and easy to use. 

In this illustration of the home buttons you can pick and choose which of the 6 icons you want, up to 5 selections.  The order from side to side is customizable as well, if you want your back button on the left then simply drag to your heart's content.   Know that you have to include the home, recent apps, and back buttons in your command ribbon, if you try to remove they won't budge.

Now you are an LG home button guru!  I like this addition by LG because it takes the customization of Android to the next level and is mindful of both right and left handed users.   Get the most out of your device by checking out some of the other features and user opinions of LG's G3 Vigor from the Product Ambassador team.

Until next time-

Product Ambassador Team

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

lg-g3-guest.jpg

Owner mode and guess mode on the LG G3 Vigor is one of the software highlights that I enjoy the most. Being a product ambassador I enjoy letting others use the phone I am testing to see how they like it and react. LG has developed guest mode, so if you are letting a stranger or a child use the phone they are locked out of certain apps and features you choose. Much like having admin rights on a Windows desktop. Guest mode lets the owner choose what apps the guest can see and of course they are unable to see your personal Email, text messages, photos and many others that you choose. I know several parents that love this idea so they don’t need to worry about their child buying apps or changing settings. With a special pattern you set up yourself enables guest mode. It’s as easy as that! Below I have attached a screen shot of guest mode being activated.

guest.PNG

0 Comments

The LG G3 Vigor Final Thoughts

Well, I guess the greatest complement any device (Mid-tier or otherwise) can get is, continued use. Here I’m going to be 100% honest: I don’t have any intention to move back to my LG G2 after getting this phone.  Reading the specs, there apparently is a speed compromise but honestly, I don’t see it (I’m very happy with this phone).  The camera is not near as many MP as my LG G2 (I see that) but honestly it’s such a small compromise, especially for my use.  I really LOVE WiFi calling and tend to use it frequently in my area (No Need for an Air Rave). The small perks I get with my applications are more than enough to keep me happy and the battery life is very noticeably better and keeps me working away from my charger.  I’m happy with the phone. 

What else?  I even noticed better performance and sound when using the UConnect in my car (2013 Dodge Avenger).  My voice calls are clear to my callers and better still, I don’t have to max out the sound on my headset (and car) to hear my callers.  The phone is truly a pleasure. 

Hats off to LG.  I think it’s great so many great perks of the flagship LG Phones are still here at such an attractive price point.  Quick Remote? It’s here.  Knock On?  It’s here. Guest Screen?  Also here. 

I recommend it to everyone and sheesh, for the price it’s just a “No brainer”.  The LG G3 Vigor is quality phone that sells itself.  If you have doubts, on a quick and easy modestly priced phone or interested in getting in on that $29.99 promo (with 2-Year Service Agreement).  Look no further.

-Rob Ignatowicz

2999.jpg

0 Comments

Remember the days when your mom would yell at you to clean your room. Most of my life was filled with the statement of "clean your room, or your getting this belt" (yelled in hindi).

Many of us have junk on our phone, some clean up and some leave it messy.

Clean Master helps you manage your phone, it lets you know when your phone needs a quick cleaning, it gives you alerts of apps that affect the performance of your phone. We all need a friendly reminder, clean master helps us prevent our phone from being an example in entropy. This app shows you when your phone is getting hot and what app is causing the fault. Many of today's streaming apps are the cause of this issue.

Just like in real life, when you clean your room you are able to move freely, same in your phone you notice a difference when you clean up some of the junk the might be on there. I had this on the G3 and had to have it on my Vigor as well. I have posted some screens shots from my phone.

1.png 3.png 2.png

Thanks

Stanny George

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

So it finally arrived and like a young boy on christmas morning I ripped the box apart and couldnt get this new device activated quick enough. Coming from the Note 3, I must say I was a little bit wiery of using this "mid-range" device at first. However so far I have not found many reasons one could complain about, as it does not have many short comings at all.

Let's first get the phone's name out of the way...I am a sucker for naming my devices, so this phone's name is Vigtoria.

G3+Vigor.jpg

After activation I went through my meticulaious ritual of setting up everything - Accounts, settings, apps, contacts and etc...- these are some things that caught my attention immediatly with Vigtoria:

1. There is an option to turn off the annoying LED notification blinky light....I cannot stress how much it annoys me to see a blinking LED on my device. In the past, I would literally root my device just to rid myself from this feature. So rejoice, Vigtoria gets me!
  2. 5 inches of screen isn't as small as I thought it would be compared to the Note 3's 5.7 inches...LG makes it even better for the user by allowing their keyboard to resize without any ridiculous additional apps...HUGE help for me!
  3. Guest Mode...I set this bad boy up right away for my son, and it is awesome! Although my 10 year old has his own phone and tablet, they are seldom charged...making trips in the car or to a restraunt fun filled with requests like "Can I play a game on your phone?" or "My phone is dead, and my life is more important so I need the car charger." Now I can simply hand him my phone, and he can get his fix of Clash of the Clans without messing with my volume settings (or LED notification settings )
  4. The "Home Touch Buttons" are actually pretty cool and very customizable...I was a little afraid they would take up precious screen realestate at first, but you have options to make the background transparent, so that quickly put my worries to rest. Also you have 4 layout options, and you can customize what button is where. For instance by default (from left to right) you have the Back button, Home button, and the "Multi Task Button"...I was able to customize mine to be (Left to Right) "multi Task", Home, Back (this conforms more with what I am used to) plus I added a "notifications button"...It quickly brings the notification dropdown up and allows me to see my notifications!

HomeTouchButtons.png 

Two things grabbed my attention as "missing" or "annoying", both are livable and are not deal breakers - just things I first noticed about Vigtoria.

1. There is not an option for "Auto Brightness"...you know where the screen adjusts its brightness based on your environment...you set the level of brightness you want and you can select a "Dim at night" option that will dim the screen durning certain hours. Personally I have always left my brightness at 100%...Go big or go home, right?
  2. The Homescreens do not loop around by defualt...Meaning I can't go homescreen page 1->2->3....to back to ->1...This is an easy fix, as it does have the option to loop within the homescreen settings....so that's a win!

Overall, I'm loving this device. The animations are just plan cool, the battery life so far is remarkable and I have yet to miss my previous device. This should be fun!

Thanks for reading!

1 Comment

So coming from the Samsung Note 3 I was a little worried about losing some of the things I had grown very fond of over the past year, Quick Memo with the S Pen and the IR Blaster.

Then I soon found that the LG G3 Vigor actually came with its own versions of these features...Quick Memo+ and it's own IR Blaster (default remote app Quick Remote). So let's quickly review these two:

Quick Memo+

Pros:

• You can quickly access the app via the notification bar, or by pressing and holding down and then swiping up on the bottom of your screen. The app launches with a captured screen shoot that enables you to "Screen Write"
    • You can change from the screen shoot to a blank canvas by altering your "Paper Style" from the menu
    • Once you are taking memos you have 4 different "Brush" options, with custom color options and 60 thickness settings (well over 240 combinations!!!!) - plus you can alter the transparency level
    • You can use your finger for handwriting or you can type your memos

Cons:

• You have to purchase an additional accessory in order to write your memos sans finger
    • By default you write over a screen shoot...great for recipes and grocery shopping (my number one use)...but not so fun for simple notes and memo taking

Overall:

• Very good and capable replacement to Samsung's Note 3 version...There is no reason why I would prefer one of the other, as they both do what I need done in a very quick effective way. LG may actually get the win due to the fact that I can launch it quicker.

Quick Remote

Pros:

• You can launch via notifications bar...it will also "Dock" there...meaning whenever you swipe down on your notifications bar, its there ready to go.
    • Super quick and easy TV, BluRay, CableBox and etc. setup. Took me all of 2 minutes!
    • Even more accessible when the widget is added to the lock screen.
    • Very simple and elegant in design and no apps, it is a stock LG app, unlike the WatchOn app supplied by Samsung (which kills me with adds)
    • Literally, for me, this app/feature is PERFECT!

Cons:

• None...seriously none.

Overall:

• LG's default remote app performs better and less intrusively than the 3rd party app Samsung went with, and it does so by miles! If you really want to unleash your IR Blaster try IR Universal Remote - IR 2.0 in the Google Play Store.

So I am a little over two weeks into using my new LG G3 Vigor, and with each day that passes I am more impressed with both LG and this device!

Next time I will discuss the multitasking and QSlide features.

Thanks for reading!

0 Comments

Now I'm one of those old school folks who still make phone calls on their cell phone - I have to, as we have dozens of hours of conference calls a week for work!  I'm also one of those picky guys who can identify an audio codec by the compression artifacts in the sound.

I've gotten used to the digital artifacts in CDMA voice over the years and learned to live with it.  But now that I finally have an HD Voice enabled phone, wow - what a difference!

The voice clarity is far better than any other mobile device I've used - speech intelligibility is much improved and you can really have a full duplex conversation without annoying dropouts and mutes as the other person tries to talk.  It's very evident when I go from my house, served by an Airave for lower level coverage problems, to the street level network.  There's a marked jump in clarity and sound quality.

Speaking of coverage, voice coverage on this new chipset is really improved too.  We have a known dead zone around the corner from my house - just a factor of terrain and antenna placement.  Every other phone has always dropped as I pass this corner.  The Vigor holds the signal and stays on the call all the way through the (former) dead zone.

Combined with the long standby battery time, great talk time, and useful call widgets, this is a great phone for making and receiving phone calls. 

0 Comments

lg-g3-vigor.jpg

My list of favorite features on the LG Vigor:

• "Speech" shutter - The is the perfect selfie device! You can take a picture just by saying "cheese!" No more shaky selfies - or dropped phones, yikes!
  • Smart cleaning - It's really easy to free up extra space on your phone by using Smart cleaning. It will tell you how "full" your device is. And with one tap, you can delete all of your temporary files. Love it!
  • Knock code - I really like being able to unlock my phone with a knock code. If you don't want a lock on your phone, you can still wake up your phone by "knocking" twice on the screen.
  • Settings bar - Like most Android phones, the setting bar at the top is really handy. It's easy to turn on and off features - such as WiFi, Location/GPS, Airplane mode, etc. You just swipe down from the top of the screen and click on or off those features. Plus, you can just long press any of those options to see more details. For example, just click the Bluetooth icon to turn it on, but long press to open it up and select which Bluetooth device you want to connect to.
  • Spark-enabled - Wow, the Spark network really is like being on WiFi. So if you are not in an area with WiFi - or not near a TRUSTED WiFi source - Spark works amazingly well for me.

0 Comments

medium04.jpgLG vigor is a great looking phone with an amazing screen so if you’re like me you will want to protect it. Most mid-range phones have limited options for cases but the vigor has a decent selection. Like the ballistic case sold by sprint. Great protection all around but adds a little bulk to the phone.  When searching online you can find other case that may fit your needs. Like tpu cases minimum protection but is very slim and comes in a variety of colors, the other option for the vigor is a heavy duty case with a kick stand. It’s both tpu and plastic but also makes the phone bulkier but comes with a holster which some people like, it’s similar to the ballistic case but it comes in a variety of colors. So if your in the market there are options out there just pick the one that fits your needs.

below are pictures of the case, from the left ballistics case, tpu case and heavy duty case

case.png51oAa4w+u1L._SL1500_.jpg71KjOMN3AnL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks for reading,

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

With such a simple concept really makes a great difference. LG has thought up of a easy solution for the phenomenon that has been taking over social media. LG has light up the edges for the screen to give your face the light it need to capture the best photo possible. This also lets you take photos in low light with the front facing camera. As the screen shot below shows the frame around the active photo will light up the area just right. They threw in an added bonus to let you capture moments with three gestures open hand, close hand and count to three.  Giving you as many opportunities to make sure the picture turns out great.LG is leading the way in the selfie movement!

front facing 1.PNG

front facing 2.PNG

0 Comments

I've been into photography since, well, forever, starting with an Olympus xA, moving on to pinhole photography, then into SLR's and DSLRs.  And I've been shooting cell phone pix since there were cameras on cell phones!

Low light has always been the bane of good photos, especially on small aperture and small sensor cameras - like on a cell phone.  But the LG G3 Vigor delivers surprising results!  Last Monday I was at my sons' Boy Scout Court of Honor and had a chance to shoot several photos during the ceremony - lit by a single candle, then a few, then many.  The 'Auto HDR' enhancement in the camera works well.  See for yourself!

(Side note - when you silence or set to vibrate the G3 Vigor, the camera shutter sound is silenced as well.  Very nice touch!)

20141013_191824_HDR.jpg

20141013_192010_HDR.jpg

20141013_192105_HDR.jpg

0 Comments

UltraViolet and the LG G3 Vigor:

Ok, I won’t brag but my UltraViolet collection is pretty impressive.  I still buy physical media (mostly Blu-Ray Discs) and lately an added perk of doing so, is that most titles now include a FREE Ultraviolet (digital) copy of the film that can be accessed from phones, games systems and other devices.

So what about the LG G3 Vigor?

I’m delighted to say this little modestly-priced powerhouse does a good job and sports all the novelty of having a little TV, watching exactly what I want to watch, when I want to watch it.  Not to mention, super clean streaming, in High Definition across a lightning-fast Sprint Spark connection.

To get started accessing your UltraViolet collection, is just as easy as downloading one of two apps for your phone (VuDu or Flixster) and *poof* you now have your movie collection right in your pocket, ready to bring up at your command.

Now I want to be clear, I love BOTH apps.  I use them both to access my UltraViolet collection as well as that added perks that each apps have.  In all honesty, they both work pretty well on the LG G3 Vigor.  However, I’m especially WOW’ed by the combo of Flixster, Sprint Spark (tested at 17.74 Mbps at the time of watching) and the LG G3 Vigor.

Finally! We have some crystal-clear HD steaming over cellular and on a phone that is easily within everyone’s reach.  I know what you are asking.  Is watching HD on a 5” screen really that critical? Some may say no, but for me it’s a breath of fresh air, especially for subtitles.  I like many foreign films and own an  extensive collection of Godzilla flicks (Not all are dubbed in English).  SD subtitles can be fairly grainy.  The words have rough edges and little hard to keep looking at, but this little HD bump makes me happy to watch foreign films (without getting frustrated).

Beyond that, the IPS display of the LG G3 Vigor is overall a comfortable watch.  Good at many viewing angles, forgiving in sunlight and an overall good experience.  I think the only downfall is a lack of a kickstand.  But honestly, it’s never been a deal breaker for me.  Many cases have integrated kick stands offer and I generally favor my elago M2 Mobile Stand with practically every phone I own.

Anyways, for someone needing a video streaming phone on a budget, the LG G3 Vigor is “Just Add Popcorn”

LGG3_Vigor2.jpg

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

0 Comments

Test Drive LG G3 Vigor & Home Automation – Dropcam – Nest – WeMo – and More

Since introduction, the ability to control and monitor my home devices from a smartphone has been crucial to my sanity and ultimately a “deal breaker” when migrating to new devices.  Not saying any of the related apps are particularly CPU or Memory intensive but again, they have to work and they have to work well (reliably).  My blog today will focus on just how well the LG G3 Vigor achieves the task and how it matches up to my earlier G2 device in terms of speed, quality and functionality.

My favorite part of my home monitoring collection is the use of IP Cameras.  Here, I use one of two hardware solutions and use them both frequently throughout the day.  The first (often most forgiving) is Dropcam.  With Dropcam, the app works on a many different versions of Andriod and works very well on practically every device I’ve tried.  It does adjust streaming resolution depending on connection speed and sadly doesn’t see Sprint Spark beyond a standard 4G connection but all that aside it remains very usable and accessible (even on 3G).  No surprise, the LG G3 Vigor has no problems with all functionality of the app and everything works great.

Dropcam.jpg

My second camera solution is Foscam (another IP Camera) and surprisingly, I’m getting MUCH better results with the LG G3 Vigor.  The app works just as well as it did on my LG G2 but I was very pleasantly surprised that my frame rate flies on Sprint Spark (solid 8 fps) whereas it didn't work as well on my LG G2 (Also on Spark, same app version, but only 2 fps).  For this app performance hike alone, I certainly am thankful.  Anyways, I can use the app all day with no unforeseen problems and all integration works just like it should.

Another element of my home automation suite is the integration of both the Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Protect.  As with previous devices I've used.  The app works great on the LG G3 Vigor.  I can view and control all features of the app and have no limitations in terms of speed or performance.  The Nest Company, who is now part of Dropcam certainly knows how build to their market and it’s great seeing mid-tier devices are not cast aside with all the same functionality and reliability as their big brother counterparts.

NEST.jpg

Finally (for now), I also use several Belkin WeMo devices.  These are for my automated lights and outlets and although I love these most dearly, I always had challenges with my LG G2 (especially during initial configuration).  I had my doubts but I’m happy to say the transition to the LG G3 Vigor was completely painless.  I couldn't gain access initially (trying to access away from my home network) but once I was home I was able to find all my attached devices and the app prompted me to unlock for external accessibility.  Absolutely no problems reaching my devices by either cellular or WiFi connections and the app itself works just like it should.

So all and all, from my perspective the LG G3 Vigor easily meets my needs (for home automation).  Especially for those needing a modest price solution (with all the functionality of these apps), the LG G3 Vigor will certainly rise to the needs of those needing the peace of mind.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Ambassador Team

LGG3_Vigor.jpg

0 Comments

Introducing Myself to the LG G3 Vigor (from G2)

So, skipping over a generation of G series phones (since my G2).  I am absolutely delighted to see that many of the great features offered in the G3 and G Flex have transcended to this modestly priced yet still super functional offering.   It’s all too easy to look at raw data and say “Mine’s Faster” but I think LG users would be very pressed to say this phone is not a swift little device with a crisp, clean screen and all the muscle needed run your everyday applications with ease.  Things I love right out of the box was a smooth straight forward setup.  I like that this phone now sports a “Contact (Alternate Number) if you find this” banner right on the locked home screen (giving a little extra motivation to return lost devices to their owners).   The “Knock On” feature is back (two taps to wake up) and also adds a special “Knock Code” (A Series of Spots that need to be tapped to unlock the device) option, just in case you wanted another secure way to lock your phone (when not in use).   However, I’m still a fan of the numeric code lock, which is ideal for setting up LG’s special “Guest Mode” that I use when sharing the device with other users (as it hides and secures some apps while allowing others to run).  I also think it’s great the LG G3 Vigor has support for WiFi calling. I’ve had the device for a few days and I’ve actually had to use it a few times already.  My experience found the voice quality to be clear and reliable.  I like not needing to rely on a Sprint Air Rave and have the freedom to utilize in any hotspot for voice calls.  Another thing I was very happy with the G3 Vigor was labeled responses within a group text message.   On my LG G2, I used to get put on group text messages but never could tell who was talking.  I now immediately noticed that the Vigor sports a more detailed text interface and now tags responses with names to match how was talking (Also seen in the G3).  At this early introduction, I very eager to continue to pushing the LG G3 Vigor to the limit.  So far all my apps work great and I’ll have more on that in a future blog.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Ambassador Team

LGG3_Vigor_01.jpg

0 Comments

Having had a few weeks with the LG G3 Vigor I have had time to form a solid opinion of this phone. My opinion? For the price, this phone is a great performer. Are there some moments where it seems like apps are a little slow to open or screens don't change as quickly as I'd like? Yes. But we're talking milliseconds of difference that probably won't matter as much to most people. All in all, I'm impressed that LG has put together such a good experience at this price point. Here are some questions that I have seen people asking and my experience so far.

What's the battery life like on the LG G3 Vigor?

The battery life on the LG G3 Vigor is very good compared to other Android phones. I consistently get more than 10 hours with moderate to heavy usage including phone calls, Google Maps for navigating, lots of texting, and a good amount of web browsing over WiFi and LTE.

What is the display like on the LG G3 Vigor?

In my experience the LG G3 and LG G3 Vigor have great displays. I feel like when you first turn it on, the colors are a bit washed out. But you can easily change the color tone and contrast through the Accessibility menu and tweak it to look just how you want. (To do this, go to Settings > Accessibility > Color adjustment and drag the circle until the colors look good to you).  The screen is bright and sharp. Sometimes, text on the screen looks a little over-sharp, with some odd shading or borders, but it's not too distracting. Photos, games and other applications look good. In direct sunlight, the screen can be a little difficult to see but better than my experience with phones like the Moto X and Galaxy S 3.

What is the camera like on the LG G3 Vigor?

Coming from the Moto X, this camera is great! I've added some sample photos below but you might be a better photographer than I am. In bright light the camera does exceptionally well. In dim light there is some noise, but that's been my experience with most smartphone cameras.

20141010_101529.jpg 20141010_101602.jpg 20141010_101633.jpg

Can I play games on the LG G3 Vigor?

Yes. Admittedly my most intensive game at the moment is Clash of Clans, but the Vigor handles it fine and loads it as fast as my Moto X and Galaxy S 3 did. I haven't had a chance to put it through anything more complicated than that, but if you're a casual gamer you should be in good shape.

There's my overview so far. Watch this space for more!

0 Comments

LG has really changed what I and a lot of people look for in a phone.

i recently was able to take my G3, and G3 vigor and compare it to Samsung's S5 and Note 3.

Both of the LG devices take advantage of the real estate of the phone.

There is not much wasted space, the edge to edge display allows the bigger screen yet a compact phone.

The Vigor has a 5 inch display, however if you were to hold it up to another phone with a 5 inch display the vigor would be smaller due to the edge to edge display.

Every time I hand my phone to new users, they always look for the buttons to bring the phone to life. I love seeing their faces when I just tap the screen twice and like magic the screen appears.

vigor.jpg

This is the LG Vigor vs the Galaxy S5 sport.

The comments provided by users of other phones is that they wish they had these features.

A good screen size yet a small enough phone to put in your pants pocket, hidden buttons that are ambidextrous, and the knock on feature are enough to give this phone a worthy buy.

0 Comments

I've been fielding several questions asking how the LG G3 Vigor compares to it's bigger brother the flagship G3 so I thought I would do a quick post comparing the two.  Ultimately the question stems from the need to understand if the Vigor's performance and features will fit the bill or if they should shell out the additional cash and move up market to the G3.  In an effort to address the question of the ages we'll compare the two in terms of hardware and software features so you can make the call based on your device needs.

The Hardware:  (Left to Right: LG G3 Vigor, LG G3)

the back.jpg

If you didn't have these two devices side by side as above more than likely you wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless you were keen enough to notice the dual LED flash on the G3. (look closely. . . ) Aesthetically the design of these devices look identical from the body design to rear button placement.  I'll spare you a photo of the screen side of the two because there is zero difference outside of the dimensions.  What is more compelling is what is under the skin and the differences raised from the computing and display guts.  I submit for your reference a chart I pulled together comparing key specs influencing performance and user experience:

Hardware FeatureLG G3LG G3 Vigor
Display

5.5" Quad HD IPS

resolution: 2560 x 1440

5.0" HD TFT

resolution:  1280 X 720

Storage

RAM-  3GB

ROM-  32B

RAM-  1GB

ROM-  8GB

CPU

2.5GHz Quad Core Processor1.2GHz Quad Core Processor
Camera

Rear-  13MP w/ Laser Auto Focus

Front-  2.1MP

Rear-  8MP w/ Laser Auto Focus

Front- 1.3MP

Battery3000mAh removable2540mAh removable

The specs comparison points out that the G3 is definitely more capable but ask yourself the honest question of do I need it?  That my friend is going to be highly dependent on what you do with your device.  I would argue that for 70-80% of you out there the G3's specs are going to power through the normal activities of web surfing, gaming, and running apps quite nicely.  In a question posted on Android Central a user inquired about the Vigor's ability to run graphic intensive games like Dead Trigger 2.  After downloading and playing a couple of scenes I found the game play was no different when compared to my Note 3, no latency or digitizing in the graphics.  The features that I would have you focus on are the display and camera, two areas that in my opinion weigh heavy on device satisfaction.  Both of these on the Vigor are very well done and if you are migrating from a legacy device more than 18 months old they will be an upgrade to your experience.  With that said though if you want to be completely stunned by what LG can do elect the G3, the quad core display is unlike anything I have ever seen and the camera stacks up very well against the top of the line offerings from Samsung and Apple.  Gauge what you need and what you are willing to spend then make the call, neither will disappoint.

The Softer side

When comparing software you are going to be pleasantly surprised that there aren't huge differences in the feature lists between the two.  Here are a few feature areas to illustrate that point.

Camera Features-  In terms of the usable features for the masses, like me, I really see no difference.  Here is a quick list of what both sport:

-Back-illuminated sensor (BSI)

-Autofocus, Touch to focus, Optical image stabilization

-Face detection, Smile detection

-ISO control

-Burst mode

-Geo tagging

-High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Panorama

-Voice activation

User Interface-  key features are not spared from the Vigor, here are a few you can enjoy on either device:

-Quick Memo-  handy note taking function

-Knock On-  wake up or render dormant your device through a simple double tap to the screen

-Smart Keyboard-  customizable swiftkey like keyboard

-Guest Mode- lock away your personal data when lending your phone to others

-Smart Cleaning-   storage management feature

-QSlide-  layer two windows on screen for multitasking

-Knock Code-  unlock the device with a specific knocking pattern 

There were really only two features that I could find on the G3 that didn't make their way to the Vigor and those are LG Health and Smart notification.   If you are interested in the health related tracking capabilities or a more robust learning notification feature know you will want to lean toward the G3 or find suitable replacements in the Google Playstore on the Vigor.  If those features aren't a concern the operating system experience between the two are rather identical.

I hope this gives you some insights into the experience and usability one would expect from LG's G3 an Vigor product offerings.   The Android device space is an increasingly competitive one but I feel both of these devices perform well against their peers in their respective segments.  Gain an understanding of what you need from a device and make an informed decision, as previously mentioned neither will disappoint!

Until next time,

Product Ambassador Team