cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12/01 - LG G3 Software Update - ZV6

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/01 - LG G3 Software Update - ZV6

Been waiting for this update for a week, and receive nothing, also when should we receive the update for Android 5?

Highlighted
Master

Hello yournanme,

Updates are sent out in waves to avoid the system overloading. The creator of the device is in charge of sending out the updates therefore check their website for more information.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I installed this update and it messed up everything I had going with Nova Launcher and now I'm missing widgets. Any ideas why?

Highlighted
Master

pcg1990,

As indicated in the current thread, there have been several issues that were cause by that update. For more detailed information on what's going on, you can check the manufacturer's website. We are currently working diligently with the them, to come up with with a permanent fix, as currently there has only been workarounds being provided.

- Mabel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I received the update this morning. My background is now much, much darker than before. Is there anyway to set this? My widgets are still their normal brightness, it is just the image for the background that is significantly darker.

Highlighted
Master

PotbellyJoe,

We still do not have a resolution or a patch to undo the changes caused by the update. For more detailed information, please refer to the manufacturer's website, as we are currently working with them to provide a prompt resolution.

- Mabel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Social Care - Your comments regarding "refer to manufacturer's website" are, to be honest, pointless as LG has no information on their website pertaining to Software Updates for the LG LS990, otherwise known as the Sprint LG G3. Has the update been pulled back? What sorts of issues can G3 users expect to experience if they have already deployed the OTA Software Update package on their device? This information needs to be provided to the community, and not reporting these details strikes me as negligent behavior by the Social Care team.

Highlighted
Master

whosiek,

I completely understand your standpoint on the matter. However, we have not been provided with any information regarding this issue. We are aware of the issue, and we're currently working with the manufacturers to provide resolution. When a fix does become available, it will be provided either via our community page, our newsroom, http://bit.ly/1gCkzMz or the manufacturer's website.

- Mabel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an idea,

Can Sprint put together a list of complaints coming from this update. That way we can be sure that when Sprint does have these conversations with LG on its customers' behalf, all of our issues will be addressed?

I think that would be far more fruitful than, "We don't know when this will be fixed and we're not the people who will be doing it," response that we are getting so far.

Just trying to be a bit proactive will get you further than being commiserators.

Highlighted
Master

PotbellyJoe - That's a great idea. Thanks for your input. - Christopher S.
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Potbelly Joe - don't know if this will help you but worth a try-go to settings,accessibility and turn on color adjustment and adjust the color - hope it works for you

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually once I removed the LG Weather/Warnings/Clock Widget with smart notices and put just the standard widget for the weather in place it fixed it.

No idea why.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat