5.0 update

Go to solution
Journeyman

5.0 update

Why is there no news on this? LG promised it by the end on 2014

21 REPLIES 21
Wizard

Re: 5.0 update

Don't think they said every market will have it by the end of 2014, they have already started that process already and continuing, but in the states, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T and T Mobile love to delay the update and add their bloatware before releasing it to our phones. Hopefully its not going to be much longer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm ready for the update myself, but looking around on XDA it looks like the UI on Lollipop for the G3 isn't that awesome. I don't think Lollipop will be awesome unless it's on a stock rom. Would be nice if they gave us a timeline.

Wizard

Also, some of the overseas areas that have gotten Lollipop on the G3 are having issues. Hopefully, LG will iron out the bugs before releasing it here.

Journeyman

Is sprint ever going to answer this question with a real answer and not a sorry we have no info at this time

Wizard

Sadly, it's because they don't know. The overseas countries get it first and then it comes over here. The time to get upset is when the first US Carrier gets it. Check on some of the G3 groups on G+ or XDA, they will know more. The Sprint Newsroom will get the information last,so don't depend on that for information.

Master

schism6891 Our apologies for any inconvenience. However, you will be notified by the manufacturer, when the update becomes available for the serial number of your device.

- Lavauna
Sprint Social Care
Master

Your best bet will be to keep your eyes peeled for leaked info from other sites to get an idea when your phone will see it. Usually you won't see anything regarding the updates on the Sprint forums until the day of. This is because there have been last minutes hold ups from manufacturers in the past.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

Well, speaking of leaks. A recent tweet on LG's Twitter feed is hinting "Sweet things to come" for US variants. This could mean that Lollipop could be closer then we thought.

http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-usa-says-g3-lollipop-update-coming-soon

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Yup that is how they work. Making promises they do not intent to keep. I gave up on relying on them. Almost ready to leave sprint and go to pay as you go plan.

Wizard

Only US carrier to get Lollipop on the G3 is AT&T so far. Rumor had a release date of this weekend but that didn't happen. Leaving and going pre-paid means slower upgrades unless you root.

Journeyman

If that is my only option is to root,then I would do that.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat