cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any luck on MMS through WiFi calling?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Any luck on MMS through WiFi calling?

So, whenever you have WiFi Calling turned on AND connected, you don't receive MMS messages? Yes

What about when WiFi Calling is turned on, but NOT connected? If I have LTE or  WiFI it seems to stay on, but I haven't specifically tested this instance.

Just trying to figure out/narrow down the problem. No problem

Master

RCXJFLORES- Yes, text and MMS are also allowed over the same Wi-Fi connection when Wi-Fi calling is enabled.
Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks -Colleen
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I just confirmed that by switching my texting App to Textra, with settings adjustment for MMS (Prefer WiFi and Use MMS for Group Chats), I am able to receive MMS. WifI calling, SMS AND MMS all functional at this moment!!!

GrandMaster

so you basically had to download a additional app in order to get mms messages again? it affected regular non mms messages as well or just the mms messages?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

RCXJFLORES

Awesome, you were able to get the MMS using the third party App. I just wanted to clarify to get the MMS you have to make sure the mobile data is working, because you are not able to get MMS while on the Wi-Fi. Let us know if you have any other question. We are here to help.

- Stephanie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

so you basically had to download a additional app in order to get mms messages again? MMS through WiFi, yes. Wasn't an issue going through towers alone when I was within reach of one without these old buildings interfering.

it affected regular non mms messages as well or just the mms messages? It handles both the same way. You can't tell if it comes through a tower or Wifi.

GrandMaster

mark the post that you mentioned the app to download as the correct answer so it puts it up at the top of your thread..help down the road for anyone searching out this issue..thats the first thing they will see when they hop into the thread.

nice find.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

RCXJFLORES Awesome, you were able to get the MMS using the third party App. I just wanted to clarify to get the MMS you have to make sure the mobile data is working, because you are not able to get MMS while on the Wi-Fi. Let us know if you have any other question. We are here to help. - Stephanie Sprint Social Care

Without the Textra app, the native texting app, and many others, do not know to attempt to reach through the WiFi signal to pull in an MMS.  It looks like it only knows to go for a cell data connection. By default none of them do. Textra allows you choose to utilize the WiFi if necessary. It's just like the phone app now knowing there's not enough signal and utilizing the WiFi calling bridge to connect instead. Only downside I'm still testing is a bit of battery drain since I usually put myself in Airplane Mode and then turn on WiFi and attempt to communicate that way. I can't fully test WiFi calling because it does not work in Airplane mode (Wifi on) alone and that, at the moment also seems knock out SMS/MMS.

Journeyman

Thanks! Funny enough I can't mark myself as "Correct." Makes sense.

Would want a few other people to try it first anyway. Only the first day as well. Need to keep running it through the mill over the next few days. I was bouncing all over campus and messages and calls were coming in like normal.

GrandMaster

gotcha..once you get it tested post and i'll get a notification..i can quote your post and you can flag that if needs be as correct..are you posting from your phone or computer? if its your phone change the browser to full site mode and you SHOULD be able to mark your own post as correct then. if not we can do it the other route.

GrandMaster

actually you have a sprint care post marked as the answer...go back and unmark it then mark yours once you get your testing done.

smotrs

TOMAS_

feel like being testers?  lol.   

Highlighted
Journeyman

2¢ from me

Via my Note 4 on Wi-Fi the cellular signal is grayed out which I'm assuming cellular is off or "parked". In this condition, I can send MMS successfully.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat