cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else have a red vertical line at the top right hand side of screen?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Anyone else have a red vertical line at the top right hand side of screen?

If so, is this normal? If not, what caused it and are there any fixes to this issue/bug? Would this be something covered under my warranty?

12 REPLIES 12
Master

Re: Anyone else have a red vertical line at the top right hand side of screen?

MichaelDriban,

Oh no! That doesn't sound good. What kind of phone do you have? How long has this issue been occurring? Is there any damage to the device? Let me know.

- Kalah
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

LG G3 phone....it's a very thin red line on the top right hand side of screen. maybe an inch in length. not a nuisance but still visible.

Wizard

A screenshot of this would help.

Master

MichaelDriban, I would definitely suggest taking your device into one of our Sprint service and repair centers. You can find one in your area here: http://bit.ly/1dDKYKx - Vanessa
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

oddly...it doesn't show up on screen prints or photos.

Journeyman

Is this common? Have others seen the same thing and if so, what was done to correct it? Will this problem be covered under my warranty?

Master

MichaelDriban,

Thanks for reaching out. If there is no damage to your device, this may be a software issue. In this case, it should be covered by your warranty. Have you tried going to a Sprint repair store?

- Kalah
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

no but I will. it's really no big deal though. just curious if it could get worse and if it warrants getting a new phone.

Master

MichaelDriban,

I wouldn't wait. I would take it into a Sprint Repair store to check it out. You can visit http://bit.ly/1bfD15Y to find the nearest Repair store. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything else. Thank you.

Menia Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Sounds like the back light is going bad. If you have a camera or something to take an image of your phone that would be helpful to see if its indeed backlight or software.

Journeyman

Yes I have the same thing mine is almost half way down the screen. I took it to a sprint repair center and the rep insisted I dropped the phone this phone has never been dropped or any misuse. It started out small but has been getting longer in time. I hope you get a better response from sprint than I recieved.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat