cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining fast LG G3

Highlighted
Journeyman

Battery draining fast LG G3

Purchased LG Friday,  the battery is draining at a high rate.  I have battery saver on,  locations off,  everything I know to do.  Took off charger an hour ago,  had full charge.  I checked Facebook for about 10 minutes,  took two pictures and made one 5 minute call and battery is down to 88%. Please tell me this is not normal! If it is,  this phone will be going back

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Battery draining fast LG G3

GWCOOP,
Sorry to hear about this issue. The only way to identify an issue with the battery is to have it tested at a service center. You can locate your nearest store on sprint.com/storelocator.
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Common problem, unfortunately. LG had a promotion a few months ago where they were giving out free batteries and charging docks because of this. The phones processor is too weak to handle the Quad HD screen so it draws a lot of power. There's also some bloat ware included on the device that uses a lot of CPU, even when the device is idle. If you still have Lookout Mobile enabled, I recommend disabling it and installing Clean Master as it has an AV built in. SPRINT recommends to keep it enabled but it uses up to 50-60 percent of the G3s spare CPU, combined with the QHD screen... results in bad battery life and a sluggish device.

Journeyman

I just bought my G3 last week. I was seeing heavy battery drain and uninstalled everything I could find. What appears to have solved my battery drain problem was going into developer options and changing from Dalvik to ART. My standby times more than doubled. After 7 hours and 45 minutes I have 91% battery. That is 33 minutes of screen on time at 50% brightness and my battery standby is at 54 hours. I am now on my second day running ART and have not had a single crash or stability problem.

Journeyman

This is happening to me as well.  It started after one of the updates.   This is the 2nd LGG3 phone I have had. The first one I took back to the store because it started working horribly after the update. Go figure.  How about warning people not do the update sprint.  I was always good with the phone until the update was done.  I tried not to do it this time around but my son was playing with my phone and touched something that initiated it.  I will warn anyone about this phone.. don't do it. It's nice and pretty in gold until you cant even get on the internet anymore and all your apps run at dial up speed.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat