cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G3 Lollipop?

Highlighted
Journeyman

G3 Lollipop?

In TX with a TN area code. No lollipop yet? I'm becoming impatient....

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Master

Re: G3 Lollipop?

jaacole@yahoo.com,
We are working to get this out as fast we can. The updates are being sent out in waves. Your location is not a factor that is considered when the updates are being sent out. If you have any other questions, let us know. - Danielle
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Avoid Lollipop on your G3 as long as possible!!!!!

I don't know what Sprint did to F up this version of Android, but I got my upgrade yesterday and now my G3 will barely pull an LTE signal if it pulls one at all. It has been only pulling a 3G signal since the upgrade and will only pass 2 megabits download on a speed test now. I was getting 4-5 bars of LTE signal before and around 8 megabits download (which is still pathetic by todays standards by the way)

I live in Bloomington, IL and I have 2 friends in Chicago with LG G3's as well and they are having the exact same issue. This is not a tower issue, something is not right with Sprint's version of Lollipop. I can't wait for December when all 4 of my contracts are up so I can drop Sprint like a bad habit. I have been a long time Sprint customer and I am done waiting for them to get it together.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I must have gotten lucky. So far so good. I did a speed test on Wifi in my house and in my car right at the LTE tower and it was as good as I have ever seen - maybe a  bit faster on Wifi. (I have 18 mbps down UVerse and got just under 16 on the LG G3)

Highlighted
Journeyman

it does appear they pulled one of the main features of Lollipop at the last minute which is the multiuser support and we are stuck with the old Guest Mode. That is a missing major feature. Sprint needs to do more to fix this than suggest taking it to a repair center which won't help. Give us a firm date when an update completing basic Lollipop features will be available on the LG G3.or promise us a free upgrade to the LG G4. This stinks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This may be a Lollipop issue. Some other phones that just got Lollipop like the HTC M8 at Sprint didn't get it as promised either. You Sprint folks need to get on it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunetly the lg g4 does not have guest mode on it with sprint.  I have been trying to find a way to enable this or look for information on an update. I have no answers.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat