Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G3 not working with MP3 cable to my truck

Highlighted
Journeyman

G3 not working with MP3 cable to my truck

Hello all,

Just got myself the new LG G3 which I have been very excited for.  However, that excitement was very shorted lived as one of the most important things does not seem to work.  It will work with headphones no problem and it will connect to a 1985 stereo receiver I have hooked up in my garage with a 3.5mm to two RCA outs all day long... but it will not even recognize that the cable is plugged in when I connect it to the 3.5mm jack in my F-150.  I have tried the cable that works to the stereo in the truck and it makes absolutely no difference so I do not believe it is the cable.

Anyone have any suggestions?  If I cannot stream music while in the truck where I spend 75% of my day this is extremely disappointing for a new phone of this magnitude.

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Master

Re: G3 not working with MP3 cable to my truck

Fletch_J,

Thank you for sharing. I would recommend for you to take the cable and the phone to your nearest service and repair store. Please click on this link to locate one sprint.com/storelocator. From there, they would be able to take a closer look to better assist you.

- Sophia
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Maybe I will check with them tomorrow and see if they have any suggestions.

It does appear this is a common problem apparently: Aux cable problem - XDA Forum

Master

Fletch_J,

Okay, that's great. You can call ahead to make sure you have anything they need to assist you. Thanks for the info.

- Sophia
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Well I just did a factory reset on it myself this morning and tried it and it seems to be working for now.  Some of the other features of the phone seems to be working much better as well.  Interesting that the first thing that needed to be done straight out of the box is a factory reset.

Works though so all is good.

Master

Fletch_J I am happy to hear that the phone is working. I am here for you should you have any questions or concerns. - LavaunaSprint Social Care
Journeyman

Well that solutions was apparently short lived.  It's back to almost the same thing again.  However, I see more and more of these AUX cable issues popping up on the web and it's not just related to Sprint phones.  Whoever reports the bugs and pushes out the patches whether it be Sprint or LG... Someone needs to get the ball rolling.

Master

Fletch_J,

Let us know if you have any other questions or need assistance. We are here to help. Thank you.

Menia
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Same issue here.  Will not work in my 08 Wranglers AUX port and will only work 1 in 10 tries in my 2012 mini cooper AUX port.  Just performed a reset as well and no dice.  I'm lucky to be in my 14 day window so I will be ordering a RMA but this issue needs attention and a fix soon. 

Master

GrooGruxKing

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out. The issue that you are experiencing is a known issue. The device's manufacturer is already aware of this matter. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know.

Anntenetta, Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat