cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G3 went from Best to Worst in network performance - why?

Highlighted
Journeyman

G3 went from Best to Worst in network performance - why?

I've had my G3 for a little over a year. For most of that time, I've raved about how much I love my phone (especially with the Quick Circle case). However, something happened within the last two weeks. All network interactions - whether connected to 3G, 4G LTE, or even WiFi - are spotty at best. I can be sitting in my living room just a few feet from the router and have problems with apps like Facebook, Instagram, or CNN. When I'm outside in Chicago, it's even worse. 90% of the time I just give up because the network "Spark" just spins like it's gone nuts, but things don't load.

I haven't performed any OTA updates, nothing big that I've noticed has changed except the network is just nearly unusable.

Running Android 5.0.1, Build LRX21Y, Software Version LS990ZV8. I've updated the PRL (version 55025) and my profile.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: G3 went from Best to Worst in network performance - why?

All I can say is I am in NYC and after trying every update and every idea that was thrown at me I just deactivated my LG G3 and put it away. Great phone when it works. But unfortunately that was not very often since the lollipop update for me.

Journeyman

Having the same exact issues as you and I'm in Missouri.  The last 2 weeks something has changed with this phone and the network.  I have the same specs on my phone as you listed as well.  What's up Sprint?? 

Journeyman

I can't say anything about Sprint's network performance was ever "Best", but I agree my G3 was getting ok service in Michigan and recently (since the LS990ZVA update it seems) I have been having the same issues. Sudden "no service"  and dropped wi-fi all the time.  I have been constantly restarting my phone for the past week just to get it to reconnect.  It would be nice to see Sprint customer service stepping up on this as it seems like they messed something up.

Journeyman

Looks like this LS900ZVA update came from LG.  They pushed McAfee Security App, and sprint added Data Optimizer with some other stuff.  I have had trouble accessing some websites and some WIFI connection problems.  Stock Browser and Chrome both have problems for me.  I even tried factory reset 2 times.  I am now using Firefox with success.  Disabled Data Optimizer.  Talked with Sprint Tec and LG and was told they couldn't help.  Good luck everyone!

Update:  I had to go into Settings: APPS:  swipe left to ALL: select Data Optimizer: Uninstall updates then clear data.  You can then go to  your app drawer and choose Data Optimizer deselect Auto-update then reboot phone.  This helped me with my problem. 

Journeyman

Yeah I loved my G3 for the first 3 months I had it and then with the lollipop update in February it went from being the best to the worst phone I've ever had. It's gotten to a point where the only thing I can do on it (when I find a signal) is use the Facebook messenger app. I am almost always roaming, especially when I'm home on my Wi-Fi and when I'm not its because I don't have any signal so I never receive any calls or texts. I'm taking my phone in for the 4th time tonight, the 3 previous times the sprint store had no idea what I was talking about or any idea how to fix it but if it's not fixed tonight I'm leaving sprint in general. This is ridiculous I am paying for a phone I can never use.

Journeyman

Same issue here in Wisconsin.  I had thought it was only me too! 

Journeyman

Same problems in Indy. I have spent countless minutes on the phone with sprint. The latest updates came out recently and now my phone can no longer connect with my wi-fi. It keeps saying authentication error. I don't think anyone on here is being unreasonable with Sprint. All we want is the phones we are paying for to work. Sprints silence on these problems speaks volumes, or at least they could if the calls quit dropping. Had to get a landline phone because the service has become so unreliable.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat