ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 Charging Very Slowly

Journeyman

LG G3 Charging Very Slowly

My phone got the ZV8 update this morning and noticed the battery drain somewhat faster during the day today.  But due to the install and playing around with the system today to see what the new features were I'm not worried about that yet.

However, I'm VERY concerned with the charging of the phone.  My phone was down to 15% this afternoon so I plugged into the wall charger.  It's been charging for about 2 hours and its only gone from 15% to 19%.  This is not normal at all.  I rebooted to see if that would help and haven't opened any apps since the reboot.  After the reboot it was down to 18% and now after about 30 minutes it's still only at 19%.

What's wrong?  Anyone else seeing issues with LG G3 charging after upgrading to Android L?

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: LG G3 Charging Very Slowly

Since02192001

We understand how frustrating that may be. Have you tried taking your device into a Sprint repair store so they can run a diagnostics test.

- Shanae
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem. My phone has been plugged into the standard LG wall adapter and USB for a few hours now and has only charged 1%. I'm about to do a factory reset. Will reply again to let you know if that works.

Also side note, aside from the charging issue, I'm not experiencing any bugs lag or glitches.

Master

nich996,

Have you tried using a different charger? Also, let us know the outcome of the reset.

- Regina
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Before the factory reset i had tried 3 different chargers. All of them had a 1.8A output as standard for the G3. I just did the factory data reset and already i have charged from 28 to 33 percent in a matter of minutes. Hopefully things stay this way.

Master

nich996,

That's great! Keep us posted if anything changes.

- Regina
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My phone was charging more normally yesterday after another reboot but certainly not as fast as with 4.4.2. However, since the update the battery seems to drain faster and this morning I went from 100% to 60% in about an hour.  Took a couple pictures of the snow and a short (maybe 1 minute) video. Was texting some as well but I have the screen brightness set to Auto.  I never saw that much battery drain with 4.4.2 no matter what I was doing. 

Haven't tried a factory reset myself.  If I do that will I lose my apps and data?

Master

Since02192001 - I can definitely understand your frustration. Only if you have not backed up your phone. Before you factory reset your phone, what troubleshooting steps have you tried already? - NatashaSprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat