Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 INSUFFICIENT SPACE AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD LOLLIPOP

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G3 INSUFFICIENT SPACE AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD LOLLIPOP

Please Help!

I got a new LG G3 in January and it refuses to convert to the Lollipop update due to insufficient space available. I used the smartcleaning app that came with the phone and it says I have 22.29gb of space available so there has to be some other issue causing this problem. I purchased phone from Sprint Website new, so I am not sure what I need to do.

Please Help,

Thanks,

Jon

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Master

Re: LG G3 INSUFFICIENT SPACE AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD LOLLIPOP

JONOVERSTREET - Thank you for reaching out to us. I would recommend you reaching out to the manufacturer to take a further look into this. You also have the option to go into a Sprint Repair Center where they can further troubleshoot hands-on. - Carl
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Heard this works but haven't had to personally - uninstall some apps then try again. Keep uninstalling a few at a time - reinstall after update - good luck

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have tried this and it did not work, I don't have many apps, so it has to be some other reason.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have that same problem. Could not figure out yet. I've tried a lot of things. But negative.

If that solves the problem, please give details.

my screenshot

http://ekonom2.atasoftware.com/0silme/1.png

http://ekonom2.atasoftware.com/0silme/2.png
http://ekonom2.atasoftware.com/0silme/3.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am receiving the exact same error message, with roughly the same free memory reported.  I sure hope to see an answer to this soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue and have tried all of the previous suggestions. LG support refers me to Sprint, Sprint refers me to LG.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately I could not find a solution. Necessarily. take backup. Get all your important files backup is very important.   after.  Return to factory settings. (Factory Reset).

Then reset to factory settings. Later, when the phone is rebooted. Upgrades can be made.

I was able to accomplish that. I use the LG Backup. After installing lollipop. I got back to my LG Restore all settings.

Good luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks ATAGUN.

1, Backup

2. Factory Reset

3,Restore.

Lollipop is currently installing.  A little bit of a pain but it works.

Highlighted
Community Manager

If you have an LG G3 and are receiving this error message, please send me (username SeaWolf) a private message with your Sprint phone number, first and last name.  LG and our device team are investigating this issue and they need your assistance to do so.  Again, if you are receiving the Insufficient Space Available when you try to download Android5.0 (Lollipop) please send me a private message with your Sprint phone number, first and last name.  Thanks! - Moderator SeaWolf

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey. I'm having the same problem with my g3 and intend to do a factory reset.How was your experience with the LG backup and restore? Does it save all of your app data, such as text messages? Is there a lot of setup needed after the restore?

Thanks

Highlighted
GrandMaster

im like many that will avoid a FR like the plague..but...with the newer phones they do a pretty good job at backing up all your data as well as app data (if the app allows it of course)..i know one of our other posters does a FR with every update he receives..he might be able to give you a bit more info on what you will lose compared to what you wont

mind you he has a different phone but it should all be roughly the same

smotrs

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat