cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 - Not able to send SMS

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G3 - Not able to send SMS

I've now gone through 2 LG G3's - brand new; one from Sprint.com and one picked up this afternoon at a Sprint Corporate Store as an exchange - and I think may have narrowed down the issue.

On the first G3 I was unable to consistently send text messages.  All standard troubleshooting was completed (forced to LTE/CDMA; forced to CDMA only, etc.) with no change - still could not send or receive text messages consistently.

After swapping the phone at a Sprint Corporate store, I was able to send and receive text messages just fine - until I added a Google account to the phone.  Even though Hangouts is NOT set as the default SMS app, it appears that once I add a Google account to the device I am no longer able to send and receive SMS consistently.

Removing the Google account and rebooting the device seems to restore normal SMS operations, but this is a major issue - what's the point of having Android if you don't have access to Google Play, Gmail, etc.?

This is a major problem, and one that Sprint, LG and Google are going to have to work out - and pronto.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat