cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 Software update - version LS990ZV8

Journeyman

Re: LG G3 Software update - version LS990ZV8

So I received the auto update today, one bug so far I have is email app updated time is stuck to the time I did the update ?

Any Ideas how to correct ? I cleared cache , went to time and verified all correct ..... ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

To those lucky enough to not have the update yet, be grateful. My SD keeps mounting and unmounting, can't use my music for my alarm or ringtones. Had to reinstall multiple apps, no longer have lockscreen widgets. Plus, still can't change ringer volume unless I unlock the phone. The option to start the camera with the volume rocker is nice, but I miss the ability to just grab my phone and put it on silent. So far, I'm more than annoyed with the update.

Highlighted
Master

WADEA12,

Thank you for reaching out. Removing the email app & reinstalling it may help. Let me know the results.

- Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

cinghoa,

I apologize for any inconvenience. Reporting the issues to LG will provide them with feedback so that they can address the concerns.

- Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Knowing I had to update anyway eventually; I let it install this morning.  Are there issues; yes.  One, the improved battery service advertised, at least on my device is bogus.  I am usually still 70-80% this time of day, especially when the phone has had only minor use; right now I am around 50%. 

Call quality though is the most significant issue I am n noticing.  I now have cross talk and a echo, effect.

I do not like the interface changes, but I am sure many like them and many like the G3 in general., I do not.  If anyone has trouble with email, make sure sync is on.  If your email is not auto retrieved, you will get a error message than disappears a little fast.   The most annoying problem is a 90% screen brightness that is more dim than the same brightness before the update.

There is a old saying, too often ignored now days; "if it is not broken; don't fix it".  Seen too many people upgrade computers (and face it your phone is a computer) only to regret it, seen too many update a computer BIOS, only to regret it.

SPRINT/LG/ and GOOGLE; updating a phone should be optional, a update should never auto download or auto install.

Highlighted
Master

steve10091,

Thank you for the feedback. Reporting the issues to LG will aid them in creating a fix for known issues.

- Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my Lollipop update this morning and everything appears to have gone well with the upgrade. The only issue I have run in to so far is that I was getting a message saying that “An application requires an update. Requested by Google Play services”. When I Googled this issue, it seems to be a common problem  and the solution was to clear the App data in Google Play services. After clearing the data and rebooting, I stopped getting the notification, but I have also have lost the Sprint splash screen that used to run when I start my phone. I get the splash screen “LG powered by Android” , then instead of the Sprint/Spark splash screen, I get another LG splash screen and then the phone comes up to the lock screen. Where did the Sprint splash go and will this be a problem going forward? Other that that, I have not run across any other issues with the update.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Master

smayfield69,

Thank you for reaching out. There might be the option to change the splash by going into settings & bringing the Sprint splash screen back.

- Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I can ask google to turn on flashlight and it does i do not have a third party flashlight app installed but can not find any physical switch? I have an LG G3  LGLS990 Running 5.0.1

Highlighted
Master

vbstriker79 - We were able to look into this issue, and see that Google has listed this missing feature as a bug within the latest OS release. This is only affecting a small amount of phones, but at this time we are waiting for Google to release an update to fix the bug. We appreciate your patience. - Oricha
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for the information I am patiently awaiting the arrival of this patch.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still waiting for my update to push through. I thought EVERYONE was supposed to have the update by the 23rd?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat