cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 Software update - version LS990ZV8

Journeyman

Re: LG G3 Software update - version LS990ZV8

For anyone that has upgraded to ZV8 and is having issues with data - switching between 3G and LTE at random, losing data connectivity all together - I would recommend updating the PRL on your handset.

Even though the PRL should not have impact with in-network connectivity, for some reason I have noticed better performance with the latest PRL update. Again, your mileage may vary, but it may help resolve a connectivity issue.

Journeyman

I am having problems with my internet both on mobile and Wi-Fi.  After a few screens it say "Proxy Server connection failed."  I use other devices on my Wi-Fi without problems.  Any suggestions??

Still don't like the different features on the upgrade!!

Master

btfalcons,

Have you tried disabling the data optimizer? There are reports that will fix the Proxy Server error that you are experiencing. Let us know if that helps. We are here to help.

Thank you,

Barry
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Im having the same problem keeps disconnecting

Journeyman

The update slowed my phone down and now Im having connection issues. I'll receive a Proxy Connection Failed message when trying to access websites and I have to refresh several times for it to work. I never had this connection issue before the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As of today 03/24/2015 I have not received my update for my LG G3 yet.

Journeyman

If you like to use the apps or widgets from your lock screen, don't be in a hurry to upgrade. Many of the little things that I liked about the G3 over my EVO have been lost in the upgrade. I haven't seen much improvement in performance or extras brought about with Lollipop. Wish I could revert back to 4.4.

Journeyman

Yes it does not keep up the wireless automatically so I have to manually go and turn it off and on. WISH I CAN DOWNGRADE BACK TO KIT KAT. LILLIPOP IS NOT WORTH UPDATING.

Journeyman

neither have I. i haven't even received the ZV6 update

Journeyman

SprintCare,

With all of the negative comments about the updated (5.0.1) software, is there any word on if/when the next release (which hopefully resolves all of these problems) is coming? I am on my second G3. I had it for about a week with 5.0.1 and it behaved so horribly, i took it back and got a new one. I have 5.0.1 waiting on me right now and I won't update to it because I don't want the same problems as I had with the first one and those that I'm reading about.

Journeyman

Try backing up first. Then do a hard reset, and let it bootup on your 3G or 4G Data!

Journeyman

Chiming in:

Another 2 users here where the wifi is connected, solid signal, but then data on wifi stops working. Eventually leading to the network being "disabled".

I've changed network settings on my access point, I've updated access point firmware, I've assigned static IP's, I've reset the access point and reconfigured, I've changed channels, not to mention adding in a second and third access point to attempt to combat this.

On the phones side, I've tried ALL of the previously mentioned steps, battery pull, changed advanced settings in wifi, I've factory reset the phone multiple times, updated PRL (which should not impact wifi at all).

This is highly frustrating.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat