cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 Software update - version LS990ZV8

Re: LG G3 Software update - version LS990ZV8

Hey everyone - We just checked in with our Product team about this.  The last of the phased deployment goes out today and up to this point, it looks like only half of LG G3 users have been pushed the update.  The remaining group of LG G3 users should get their Lollipop update today/tomorrow at some point.  Users are able to check on the software version manually by going into Settings>About Phone>Software Version.  The new version is:  LS990ZV8

You can even manually check for updates.

Master

DonMeerkat, I can definitely understand that you're awaiting the update for your LG G3 device. At this time, the updates are being released in waves. As soon as it is available, a notification will be sent to your device. Thanks for your continued patience. - Jodyann
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

For those of you that have not received the ZV8 update, you may find success in performing the following procedure:

- Go to Settings -> Wireless Networks -> More... -> Network -> Mobile Networks -> Network mode

Select CDMA

- Go to Settings -> Device -> Apps -> All Apps

Find and select Google Services Framework -> Select Clear data

- Reboot the device

- After the device has rebooted, go to Settings -> System -> System updates -> Update LG software

It may take a few minutes for the software update to appear and begin downloading.

Also, make sure that you change Network mode back to LTE/CDMA after the phone reboots.

Journeyman

Do this at your own risk:

http://www.talkandroid.com/185088-google-engineer-explains-why-you-shouldnt-clear-google-services-framework-data/

Journeyman

Tried it; didn't work.

Journeyman

Those steps don't work for me.

Journeyman

Whosick

What you posted may well work, but because of enhanced circuit switch  fallback issues some do have to keep their phones on CDMA to assure calls are received.  

Journeyman

Sprintcare

Can the update be rejected?  Sorry but I do not like "having" to update anything, it seems a very mild update anyway (my opinion).

Master

steve10091,

Unfortunately, updates cannot be rejected. Occasionally, there will be an option to install the update at a later time. This may cause your device to run slowly over time.

- Kalah
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sprint Care

Re cannot reject update.

I hate to be a little off subject or sound nasty, but any update that does not eliminate eCSFB will not improve the speed or usability of  this phone, but because that is part of the unfortunate design of the spark enabled phones, that will not happen.  I keep my phone in CDMA mode to avoid missed calls.

OK, the download happened automatically , but I can ignore it until I am forced to reboot my phone, something I will probably avoid for now since if I had not checked, I would have never known the update was there.

Journeyman

You dont want it. Just got mine and now my phone doesnt work

Journeyman

My update came. It works fine for me. I even found the Android flappy bird easter egg. Quite cool.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat