cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 System Update - TO ANDROID 4.4.2?

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G3 System Update - TO ANDROID 4.4.2?

Ok this is getting out of hand. This past week I received two system updates on my LG G3. I thought these would be updates to Android 5.0, but every time I apply the update, and restart my phone, it is still at Android 4.4.2! I thought the 5.0 update was supposed to be out to everyone by the 23rd? So what is the deal? Why send out an update that is going to keep my phone at the same version, and is Sprint simply pulling my chain?

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I am connected to WiFi. And again today I got the system update, but when I perform the update it is still showing Android 4.4.2. I want to know if my phone is defective or not because it should have got the update by now.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it actually says its downloading Lollipop or no? and are you getting any weird notifications when this happens? not enough space or anything like that?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

GamerGeeksTodd - Sounds like your phone is certainly having an issue with getting this update. Have you tried all the steps that fireguy and Community_Robby suggested? If you have and it's still not working, I would recommend visiting your nearest service and repair center. - Toya
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I've tried everything. I wiped the phone cache and am downloading it via WiFi. I just got the OTA update prompt a few minutes ago, leading to the same 609 MB file. However, when I reboot the phone, it shows the "installing system update" graphic, and the progress bar slowly increases to about 25%, then jumps to the end and resets the phone. But when I check the software information page, it still is listed as version 4.4.2. Something is preventing the update from installing.

Highlighted
Master

GamerGeeksTodd,
Have you tried performing a factory reset on the device? - Danielle
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I did a full factory reset/data wipe on my phone, downloaded the update, TRIED to install it, and it's still on version 4.4.2. I want to see about getting my phone fixed or replaced if this is going to keep up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the exact same problem. I've posted this on various forums and contacted sprint. Nobody has any idea whats going on... the only reply I've gotten is, take it in to your local sprint store.

My phones 100% stock, never rooted, theres 100% battery life when I am doing this update, and I have tons of HD space left. Everytime I click update, the phone seems like it installs it, then reboots right back into kitkat... I've given up, but I will watch this thread to see if its ever resolved.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Going to the Sprint store is also a waste of time. They'll just do a couple network resets and tell you to wipe the cache when they fail to get the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

GamerGeeksTodd,

Be glad that you don't have it. It has caused a lot of people MAJOR problems. I am sticking with 4.4.2 until they fix the initial release.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat