cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 System Update - TO ANDROID 4.4.2?

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G3 System Update - TO ANDROID 4.4.2?

Ok this is getting out of hand. This past week I received two system updates on my LG G3. I thought these would be updates to Android 5.0, but every time I apply the update, and restart my phone, it is still at Android 4.4.2! I thought the 5.0 update was supposed to be out to everyone by the 23rd? So what is the deal? Why send out an update that is going to keep my phone at the same version, and is Sprint simply pulling my chain?

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: LG G3 System Update - TO ANDROID 4.4.2?

it was stopped mid way through due to some type of issues then restarted a day or 2 ago..are you manually checking to see if its there or just waiting for it to pop up?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

unless something else happened and it had to be pulled yet again this is what was posted a couple days ago. 

12.  Re: LG G3 Software update - version LS990ZV8

Community_Robby Sprint Admin

Hey everyone - We just checked in with our Product team about this.  The last of the phased deployment goes out today and up to this point, it looks like only half of LG G3 users have been pushed the update.  The remaining group of LG G3 users should get their Lollipop update today/tomorrow at some point.  Users are able to check on the software version manually by going into Settings>About Phone>Software Version.  The new version is:  LS990ZV8

You can even manually check for updates.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

also (im to lazy to use the edit button..so my bad on the multiple posts) if/when you have device specific questions or issues youre better off going to the forum dedicated to that particular device

in your case

LG G3

Highlighted
Master

GamerGeeksTodd

The updates are usually sent out in waves. Please stay posted to sprint.com/community for future updates.

- Nicole
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

It's happened twice to me. Both when I got a notification saying there is an "Android System Update" that is about 600 MB in size. I try to install it and then reboot my phone, but it's still on the ZV6 version (4.4.2) Any other time I am clicking on "check update" and it keeps saying my phone is up to date.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't worry yourself. I received the update the 16th during the evening. Happy like a kid opening a gift on christmas eve... that is til I had a chance to play with the new version. I gotta say, the battery on my device quickly went to shat. I did a factoury reset and a cache wipe. A couple reboots also before I started putting all my stuff back as was. The notifications are bad. On LG's part they only allowed for a max of 2 and you can't expand them. Still have to swipe after selecting the notification from the lock screen. There are other features that LG tweaked with this version of android that for whatever reason actually did the user experience a disservice.

Some will love it tho. Me? Not so much. Waiting for my replacement and I'm praying it's on Kit Kat. I am NOT going to update if so.

Highlighted

GamerGeeksTodd - You should have received the update by now.  Try something...go into the Device Profile menu option in Settings and try to manually pull down the update.  Also, do this connected to a WiFi network if possible.  The update is large.  You will want to check for a Software Update.  If this doesn't work, you may have to take your phone to a Sprint Store, but cross that bridge when you come to it. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i know each manufacturer did theyre thing to it before it got pushed to their phones..what did you notice with the LG? im rockin a HTC M7 and im a bit curious as to the differences.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got the supposed update a few minutes ago, but when I tried to install the progress bar goes about a fourth of the way, then jumps to the end and reboots. And when I check the software version, it still says 4.4.2. I just want to know why this is not working?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

its not fully loading in. clear your cache on the phone then try to manually check for the update again..something isnt letting it fully go through.

Highlighted
Master

GamerGeeksTodd - Are you connected to Wifi when you try to do the update? With most updates, downloading over a Wifi connection is best. - Mikeala
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat